dangerous rattle

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits dangerous rattle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    willgwv
    Participant

@willgwv

Hey folks,
    I posted a couple months ago concerning a heavy rattle I heard that seemed to come from under the passenger seat. I had secured the exhaust and the return line to the gas tank from the charcoal filter (front engine Chevette). Finally got the car up on a rack and found that the A- shaped frame piece that bolts to the top and bottom edges of the rear end chunk and also looks like a shock type mount that bolts onto the frame under the seat had actually broken on the bottom leg of the “A” that attaches to the rear end. The top leg had also cracked. My brother and I took the whole piece off and welded flat steel to the areas and essentially rebuilt the piece. If both legs had broken, it appears the rear end could have rolled forward or backward. This is just a heads up to all that when you are under your car, check that brace. This is on my MIGI Chevette and may not apply to others. It could have been real bad had that upper leg broken.
    Drive safely,
    Will

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Glad that was all found before any real harm was done Will!

“Safety Fast!” as our MG forebearers said!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.