Daytona Migi

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas Daytona Migi

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bob Newland
    Participant

@carolinabob

I’ll try pictures here first, to illustrate my Rollbars
    Wow it worked!

Now I’ll try it over on VW based MG’s

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hey Bob,

Really, pinkmg and I didn’t doubt you. But it is really rare to see one of these cars with true roll bars. I love the cut down windshield too!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Bob Newland
    Participant

@carolinabob

Good Morning Paul:

I didn’t think you doubted me, but they are a little hard to describe, and as they say “A picture is worth —“.

I think I will have to get a new windshield to fit a new top. I like the looks of it too, but it DOES get a little breezy. I’m not sure if wind wings would help the situation.

Thanks for the interest, and any suggestions will be appreciated.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Unless you’re about 4 feet tall, you’ll have problems seeing out with the roof up. 🙂

While they vary in the details, all the TD kits need a full windshield frame to attach the front of the roof. Some fold over the frame and attach to snaps along the underside of the top of the frame. Classic Roadsters Duchess roofs have a small pocket sewn into the roof at the front, the full width of the roof. An aluminum bar slides into the pocket, then is insterted into a groove in the front of the windshield frame.

Another tid-bit, if you compare an original TD to most kits, you will see that the windshield frame on the kits is reversed. The grooves on the top and sides face forward on most kits. They face rearward on original TDs.

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Hey Bob;

Welcome to the group.  I’ve had problems logging on, (thanks Paul and Frank for your help), hope this goes through.

There may be possible roll bar and windshield height problems, but that aside, I can say that I’ve never thought of a replica TD in that color.  It’s beautiful!  There’s something to be said about modern colors on an older car.

Enjoy,

Ringo

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Ringo,

Success! Your post made it!

Paul Mossberg

Bob Newland
    Participant

@carolinabob

Good Morning Ringo:

Thanks for the kind words. I think she is kind of “purty” myself!

She started life Red as witnessed by scrapes here and there. She’ll need a re-paint after I get her all dressed up (bumpers, mirrors, latches, radiator shell, etc.), but her new color will be the same.

Silver kind of goes with the roll bars.

Thanks Again

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Bob,

That car is stinkin gorgeous! I love the modern stylized look. the windshield is awesome chopped, I love the roll bars, cool color! I can’t wait to see pics of her finished.

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Bob:

Nice work, and I love how unique it looks.  Keep the picutres comng as you finsih her off.

bruce dodds
    Participant

@bkd

Hey that is a really nice ride, are the wheels Empi’s? I have a set of wheels like them that I would like to sell or trade for some thing that would fit a 5 bolt ford. Bruce a4278v@yahoo.com
    bkd39862.9603703704

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.