Door Edge Trim

Home Forums General Discussion Door Edge Trim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

In another thread, someone asked about the door edge trim on a member’s car. As far as I know, London Roadsters are the only replicas that use the trim on the doors.

It’s not your typical  door edge trim. It does not just press over the door edge but glues to the flat part of the door and extends around the edge and is held in place with pop rivits at each end.

When the shiney layer peeled off of the trim ,I removed it but that left a noticeable mark as the gelcoat  had faded where the trim did not cover. I replaced the mine with self adhesive trim from Oreilly Auto Parts. I held it in place with c clamps at the sharpe bends untill  it was well stuck.
    john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Larry, I have the same on my LR and I glued my trim back on  when it  began coming off of  the door edge..

I would prefer no trim …I am not going to make any more projects..LOLZZ Smile
    greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

What i did was i went to a craft store bought some brush on chrome paint and a artist brush.I was very carfull keeping it clean as i painted it.I checked into buying new edging  lots of the wider trim on e-bay decided if i replace it , thats a winter project.  

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Greg  thats a good idea and project!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.