Dreamer

Home Forums General Discussion Dreamer

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

The dreamer..what it’s all about..:-) Cape Fear Chapter-AACA car show  Independence Mall Wilmington NC

jebarry2014-03-10 09:34:54

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Great picture!

Hope you offered to take a pic of the young man in the car!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Paul 

I didnt even realize I took this young mans pic . I was just taking random pics.

The shows  judging  asked that top up,hood and trunk open in order to prevent major loss of points. 
    This was a great thing because it did attract major attention to the TDr VW rear engine  which otherwise would not!
    The Chapter
    did an awesome job. Huge turn out of people and cars participating..probably
    because everyone had cabin fever with the horrid weather here for the last
     month !
    greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

I was at a car show when a family of 4 asked if the could get in and have there picture taken . Thought about it and decided. This is what its all about . Hopefully that picture is on a mantle , wall, or a album

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

I was at a local pizza place last summer, when I came out 3 young girls were snapping pic of Audry with their cell phones.  When I approached they nervously ask if it was my car and started apologizing, I stopped them and offered to take their pictures in the car.  They each got a turn in the drivers seat with a picture and they were soooo excited.   

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

One of the best things about owning one, fer sher

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Thumbs Up

Dick
    Participant

@dickh

I had one of Montie’s moments a few years ago at a cruise in. The lady marshaling the cars told me to park next to a black Enzo Ferrari, one awesome, not mention expensive car. The dufus driving it might have been able to find the spare tire. I joined a group of admiring guys, while their wife’s, SOs, and GFs, checked out my BCW TDr. A professional photographer, with a DDG model in a mini skirt headed for the MG. Naturally, I detached myself from the Ferrari and told the photog that said model could sit in the car. She did, with one leg extended out the door. God bless suicide doors. He said he would send me a photo, but never did. By this time, the Ferrari is all but deserted. Ah, it was a great moment.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

My favorite is the look on the Ferrari guys’ faces when this happens. Or the Porsche guys. Or the Lambo guys.

A slew of these boys park the Saturday a.m. cars and coffee thing I sometimes get to. Mostly lads in their late 20s, early 30s, and don’t ask them how they got their money. Sometimes they talk about go-fast mods they’ve had done or are planning (yes, on new Ferraris!) They have much pride, and they never notice something like a TD. So when people ignore their $300k+ rides to ooh and ah over a $5k replica of a $20k mass-production vehicle, their looks of confusion are priceless. 
    john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Thumbs Up

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

I have entered  few car shows for the fun of it . The Cape Fear AACA show saturday was the most rewarding and fun day when the hood and trunk were open..The onlookers were facinating to me.. Btw That is a AC Cobra next  to my TDr .

jebarry2014-03-11 09:48:28

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.