Floor Pan Rust Preventer

Home Forums General Discussion Floor Pan Rust Preventer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark Konrad
    Participant

@mark-k

Hi Guys

Hey has anyone used POR-15 on their VW floor pans or any other parts to take care of miner rust and prevent future rust?

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Mark,

I completed a body off resto on my 74 Ghia and used POR-15 on the entire chassis, to include new floor pans, front beam, etc., the wheel wells, the underside of the engine bay, and inside the door panels. Stuff works great. Two cautions. One…when you apply the POR-15, make certain you don’t get the POR-15 on any bolt threads or studs because you won’t get the nuts to fit and it is almost impossible to get off. Two…cover yourself really well because that stuff is even hard to get off your skin.

I’m going to use POR-15 for my TD chassis. And run some Marine Clean through the fuel tube to make certain all the varnish from old fuel is gone and the fuel line is squeeky clean.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Mark Konrad
    Participant

@mark-k

Thanks Allen for the info.  From what I had read its great.  The TD  I just purchase has some very minner rust and wanted to stop it there and prevent any furture rust before I r-ecarpet etc. and finish the restore.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.