Happy Memorial Day

Home Forums General Discussion Happy Memorial Day

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Hope everyone here has a Happy  Memorial Day !

On this Memorial Day, set aside to honor those who
    died in service to us and our country, May their sacrifice cause us to honor
    that which they felt was worth dying for.

jebarry2013-05-28 00:57:15

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

My dad was a WW 2 vet as were all of his brothers.He told me that that every night when they in the service there mother would set the table for them maybe that got them home safe.As for me i was involved in the draft lottery with a very high number. So i never served my country. I lost several friend in vietnam and i think of them often especially today.             

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Thanks to all of you who have served. Hope everyone had a great day. Me? For an ole Viet Nam Helicopter Rescue mechanic min was just right.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Thanks to all you vets.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Been out all day. – Thanks to all who served.  I was in our Submarine Force for 24 years, small and relatively large, diesel electric and Nukes.  I still tear up every time I hear the National Anthem, and when I hear the Kate Smith rendition of God Bless America, I cry like a baby.  Unfortunately, too many, if not most, of today’s youngsters don’t even know what our National Anthem is, let alone Kate Smith.  I served and now I pray for our country but am afraid that we are going in the wrong direction.  

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.