mechanical fuel pump to electrical

Home Forums General Discussion mechanical fuel pump to electrical

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

I seem to have lots of problem  with fuel pump .I know about alternator fuel pumps  vs. generator fuel pumps and i have the right one.I’m thinking it is time to switch to a electric fuel pump.I’m assuming some of you have have done this any suggestions will help, which one to buy, where to buy it etc.

Marc Lipsius
    Participant

@mrlmd

What kind of problems are you having and are you sure it’s from the pump? These things are pretty reliable.

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

the problems are in the last month 2 months  towed 3 times 1st tow replaced fuel pump 2nd tow no gas to carb.unhooked fuel line going in to pump a steady stream of gas into bucket, no gas comming out of pump no pressure out of pump  3rd tow hose nipple out of pump loosened up finally got it going . Just a frustation

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

I converted mine to electric about 20 years ago.  Was on the road and the fuel pump went out, a “universal” electric replacement was the only thing the local auto parts store which I could walk to had in stock that would fit. It was on a weekend and could not have gotten a OEM mechanical replacement until Monday.  Have removed mechanical pump and fitted cover over area.  Have replaced the electric one once.  You need one with a lower PSI output, 3-5 lbs I believe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.