My dad…

Home Forums General Discussion My dad…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Since this place feels like family, I am sharing my dad’s obituary.

Sven Mossberg died early in the morning on Saturday Feb 8, after 90 good years and a few really bad months.

The loss is difficult, but my sister Aggie and I also have a great sense of relief for him. He had a great run…and in 1982 he let me build my TD in his one car garage. I promised six months, I took nine months. Thanks dad!

http://obits.nj.com/obituaries/starledger/obituary.aspx?n=sven-r-mossberg&pid=169630754&fhid=17029

PMOSSBERG2014-02-13 22:59:21

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Richard Shear
    Participant

@gbidick

So Sorry Paul

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Dude, sounds like you won the dad lottery! And 90 years! And with a son like you! He did pretty well too, didn’t he?

Sorry for your loss. All the best to you and your family. Thanks, always, for the great example you set.
    Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Sorry for your loss Paul.  

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Paul, I never met Aggie, but believing in the old parable about apples and trees, I know that you and your sister will proudly carry the Mossberg family colors.  Sounds like your dad led a full life.  Sorry to hear of your loss, …..chin up, you have much to be grateful for.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Sorry for your loss Paul. And your dad is probably not worried about the couple of extra months it took you to build your TD…he’s enjoying riding in it with you.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Sorry to hear Paul – I think most of us know what it is like to lose a Dad – It is a great loss but time will heal and all the great memories will still be with you – hold them close. Thinking of you.

Dale
    greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Sorry for your loss.My dad died several years ago and I will always miss him

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Paul, sorry for your loss. You can take comfort in the fact your Dad
    did indeed have a good long run.

Sam

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

Sorry to hear, Paul.  My thoughts are with you and your family…

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

Steve Struchen
    Participant

@mustang_evets

Sorry for your loss.

It sounds like he was one of the good guys. The good memories will remain for you to remember him. 
    Derek
    Participant

@nobody

Very sorry to hear about your loss Paul. Best of wishes to you and the family. 

Michael Neben
    Participant

@capnmike

Paul, sorry to her about your dad. Another good brother gone to his celestial reward. Sounds like he led a very full life and was the kind of role model that we would all like to  see in this frail world.

May the acacia bloom at his grave and may he rest in eternal bliss.

Mike Neben, PM

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

As a Merchant Mariner, he deserves calm seas and a steady wind in his sails. Here’s hoping he has that now. My best to you and your family.

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

Paul sorry to here the loss of your Father and My Brother Mason..I see you picked a Good Funeral Director

I was in the Directors Staff of Salaam Temple with Mike Porter’s farther. 
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thank you all!

Bill – Yup! I didn’t know Mike’s dad, but I’ve know Mike and Scott for years. Not sure who else here will appreciate this, but at Dad’s request (more like directive!), I did his Masonic funeral service myself. Twice. Once in NJ, once in NY. Not as easy task!

PMOSSBERG2014-03-03 16:50:50

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

You and your family have my condolences.  He sounds like a wonderful man and he certainly helped raise a good son.  I lost my father ten years ago and my mother over 30 years ago.  My heart and thoughts go out to you and your sister, and all of your family.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.