My new toy

Home Forums General Discussion My new toy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Hey Gang,

Just had to let some one know about my new toy.  It’s an Ingersol Rand, 2 stage, 5 HP, 175PSI, 80 gallon compressor!  It’s hooked up, it’s quiet, it’s a beast and it’s something I’ve dreamed about for years.  I’m plumbing the garage with 60 feet of pipe with drops and drains and filters and I’ll be able to work on my other project, my ’53 F100.   I’m doing a frame off rod restoration, including painting!  There may be a re-paint of the Duchess in the future. 

Christmas came early for Ringo!

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Ringo, Great news!!! My compressor is a 30 year old  thats  knocking  so bad it scares the dog  when it starts up. Sounds like you must have been a good boy for Santa to have come early.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Way to go, Ringo. Air tools rock. And painting is indeed possible with a good compressor. Have fun.

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Ringo! My dream too…..you’re close by…..I’ll be right over

I bet you can really push some CFM thru that baby.

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Yeah,.. I have done some painting in the past with a smaller compressor and I knew I would need more “umph” to let me switch to HVLP.  I also knew that  the “pot” time with the 2 part paints wouldn’t let me play catch up like I used to do with the small compressor and single stage paints.   Plus, when I tried to use my DA sander I swear I heard my old compressor laughing at me!

Ringo40500.7645023148

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Poor Murf…time for a new compressor Larry  Or some aural protectors for the Murf dog!

Congrats on the new toy Ringo…you can’t beat new tools.

When I retire and relocate next Spring or Summer, I already have plans for my very first owned garage…no more renting!

30′ deep x 40′ wide, 2 overhead doors, a frame contact lift, hot and cold running water, plumbed for air with the same type compressor you have.

Oh yeah…and a house to go with it!

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Hope you get that, Mark. Also, I want to come over. I have a huge garage. Really huge, by my own standards. I guess I could put about 8-10 TDs in it.

–It’s probably about half the size you’re describing.

If you get what you want, we show it to Karen, and she thinks our garage is “normal!”

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Mark,

What do you need the house for? Put a loft in the garage, bed, mini-kitchen and you’re good to go.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

The realtor told me that the house is required…maybe I could rent it out? hmmmmm?

Paul, you know me too well…loft, bedroom, mini-kitchen, shower/toilet…what more could a car-phreaque want?

Looks like it’ll be just myself and Wiggles the Cocker Spaniel when we move. Tyler wants no part of “the middle of nowhere”. I told the dog that we’d move and become old men together

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Well…may you grow VERY old with your dog

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.