New baby in my house (garage)

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits New baby in my house (garage)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    willgwv
    Participant

@willgwv

Hello folks. I forgot my password that I set back in October and somehow remembered it today. So, I wanted to let everyone know that I have purchased a MIGI Chevy MGTD, British racing green, and it is more fun than any other car I have ever owned. I have picked up a few items from MG Magic and am trying to make it as close to accurate as possible.
    You meet a lot of people when you drive one of these fantastic little cars.
    I really enjoy this site. It has already helped me tremendously.
    Willgwv

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Very pretty.  Does your windshield lay down?  My Daytona windshield brackets look just like yours except that it appears that your top “nut” on the bracket is larger and maybe allows you to hand tighten.  It looks to me that I may be able to lay mine down, If I remove or take out the top stud, but am not sure and have been busy with other things. 

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Nice looking car Will!

Welcome back!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Beautiful car!

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

That’s a keeper!

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Will, That’s a beautiful car and it’s every bit as rare as it is beautiful. We would love to see more pictures and hear more about it.

willgwv
    Participant

@willgwv

Thanks for the compliments. I have not tried putting the windshield down so I am not sure if it does. I drove the car from Indiana to West Virginia. I found out that the best way to not get so tense is to wear ear plugs while driving. It is amazing how much more relaxed I was after doing that.

The very first day I had it, I parked on the street in Nashville, IN to meet a friend for breakfast. When I came out, someone had clipped my driver’s side rear fender and had broken the tail light plus putting a big gouge in the fender. No note or witnesses. I was literally sick.

Will post more pictures soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.