Pocono

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits Pocono

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I finally managed to fulfill a dream I’ve had for a long, long time. I’ve been competing in Hillclimbs for several years and have really wanted a chance to take my home assembled collection of various parts an a “real” track. The opportunity presented itself last month when I registered for a “Track Night in America” at Pocono Raceway. As I can’t afford a trailer, I flat towed the car up. Upon arrival, I discovered that a rear shock mount decided to break on the ride up. My hopes were dashed. I towed it home and built a new spring perch and shock mount and tried again last week. I got the car up there intact, changed the tires and registered and after a short instructional speech a group of us “novices” went out for a a few reconnaissance laps. Another instructional speech and we were let loose on the track. At the end of pit lane a right turn onto the infield portion. A half dozen turn and we entered the Speedway, running counter clockwise. Towards the end of the back straight we entered the infield again and then entered the front straight and past the pits. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Passing was allowed and I got passed by several cars, but I did manage to pass others. There were three sessions where they left everyone loose.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.