Radiator Shell and Grill no rust

Home Forums Classifieds MGTD Kit Parts and other stuff Radiator Shell and Grill no rust

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jim Edmonds
    Participant

@jfbworld

Guess it got covered up in my last parts post.  I have a really nice radiator frame or shell with the slats kit.  

This is the part that is no longer available from Moss.  The radiator cap is pitted and should be replaced.  The false nose

has some pitting but both parts are available from Moss Motors. 

If I get no taker here I will sell on E-Bay.  Wanted to give club members first chance.

PMOSSBERG40796.5129398148

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Any pics of that?

Jim Edmonds
    Participant

@jfbworld

Jim Edmonds
    Participant

@jfbworld

Folk the grill and slates come off a MG-TD REplica , Fiberfab International id FM2104. The pictuers were reduced to fit
    the club web site in size and I screwed up the proportions.  If you are interested I can email you a full set of pictures
    that do the shell justice.  This is not sold anywhere moss and MG magic don’t have them. 
    This is last post to the club next stop ebay.  
    PMOSSBERG40796.5132060185

snakedance
    Participant

@snakedance

What years does the grille fit, I have a 1952 MGTD Migi (VW frame)

Thanks

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hey Jfbworld…

Your grill/slats are in beautiful shape! But your potential buyers need more info to be sure of what they are buying.
    Even saying it is a Fiberfab, may not be enough. As manufacturers merged,
    got bought, whatever, designs and
    parts may have co-mingled.

Since the proportions in the photos are off, what are the measurements
    (height and width at top and bottom)?

TD replicas used two grills, reproduction of a stock TD grills and and a shortened grill.

The stock grill narrows slightly from top to bottom, it’s hard to tell from the pictures if your grill does that. Stock
    grills also have a hole at the bottom for a crank start. (BTW, front bumpers should also have a hole, with two
    small slots extending from each side where the pivot for the hand crank would lock in.) And the stock grill would
    have two narrow, rectangular slots, one on each side about a quarter to a third the way down from the top for the
    cross bar that the headlight mounts attach to.

The shortened grills are more squared off, do not have the crank hole, and may not have the cross bar slots. The lines on
    the top of the grill may even be different, a bit more “square shouldered.”

In addition, at least on VW based replicas, the lower portion of stock grills had to be modified to clear the top
    torsion tube. The modifications on my Duchess grill (which is a reproduction stock grill) are much different
    than the cuts made at the bottom of your grill.

I’m not trying to busting your chops on this. Actually, I’m trying to help you sell it. Either here or on e-bay, and
    especially on e-bay, you need to make sure the buyer knows what they are offering on or bidding on.

PMOSSBERG40796.5122800926

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

snakedance
    Participant

@snakedance

We are really interested in the grille shell and slats…can you give us any deminsions.  If possible, I would really like to talk to you about the grille on the phone.

Hugh Coffey
    Participant

@grandpajo

I got this one and it was nice. Thanks Jim. He was being consertive on the description, it is nice. Thanks Jim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.