Replica Resurgence?

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas Replica Resurgence?

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Don’t forget, we can post our replica’s on Jay Leno’s garage, and show our babies to the world. It’s free. I know several of us have posted there in the past. Here is my posting from last year.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/your_garage/cars/8811.shtml

There are not many MGTD replica’s on the site, but there are some.

CoffeyD
    Participant

@coffeyd

I own one of the few factory built MGTD with ford V6 engine. I have spent the past two years restoring it to better then new condition. It has as many origional MG parts as replica comonents. It has fooled many true MG driver/owners.

I run with a Texas car Club and get tired of the “Is it real or is it a Kit Car questions”

I made the mistake of putting a price on the car, and someone took me up on buying the car, go figure. I price it at $17,500 and when the pending buyer tried to lower the price, I rased it to $20,000

I know it is crazy not to sell it, but I am attached to the car. It is totally dependable and gets more attention then any of the othe 32 ford coupe kit Cars that my friends have spent more then $40,000 to build. And guess what their cars are still kit cars on the best of days. They put a few original parts on them and then they think they own the real thing.

Anyone can write a check for $40,000 and have a show ready 32 ford Kit Car, but it takes a commitment to take a 30 year old kit car and bring it up to new standards

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Coffey,

We need pictures!!! Sounds great-

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hey Coffee, welcome aboard.

Like Geoff said, drop some pictures in the photo gallery.

And click the link in my signature and post your info. We’ll add you to the registry list. Please include:

1. Name:
    2. Screen name:
    3. Home City & State:
    4. Car Location City & State (If different):
    5. Year and Manufacturer:
    6. Engine:
    7. Trans:
    8. Body color:
    9. Top color:
    10. Interior color:

thanks

PMOSSBERG40059.9800694444

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Cobras T- buckets, fords & Porsche and  a few others and more ! I guess kit cars are not dead just TD’s [mine was the only one there ]out of over a 1000 cars there were many glass cars of all types A good amount of steel kits !! many A’s 2 & 4 door and p/ups of steel , VW based cars with bodies in the future not the past . the only thing that gets me most of the owners/builders are my age or older is this an old person thing?? a 1952 style TD is my age, my birthday car. I walked the show on the street  [my hip still hurts] my age I guess 3 miles up and 3 back the one thing the “best thing” everyone talks –most of all if they built it them selves the pride of “look ” what I did

I did get some good ideas for my interior I have been looking at it for  years and did not see — but the back seat of a camaro or fire bird SE or leather option convertibles I took some pics on the phone! I’ll get then on soon!!!!!!!!! kit cars are not dead we need younger people in this hobby and lower priced kits a cobra kit $26.845.00 –no engine or trans [Unique Motorcars]

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hey Dan,

Not sure what you meant in part of your most recent post.

What is the reference to the Camaro/Firebird back seat?

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Paul ; the rear seat on a Fire Bird / camaro is 40″wide 22″ deep with the drive shaft tunnel 9″x3.5″ center relief the squibs are 18″ wide the seats are in many junk yards and they are hinged!! cloth and leather factory dark graphite [almost black ]camel [dark tan] cloth, SE, was a two tone cloth option on Fire birds I have owned a camaro conv. for 8 years and before that– I’m going to measure a Le baron 93 conv. my sons car  i think it would be a better fit the car is narrower it would open a hole new set of options for the look and comfort we all need .  Dan

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.