Side Mirrors

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Side Mirrors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bill Pollard
    Participant

@mr-bill

I see that Bill Collins andZROCKS 71 both have mirrors mounted to the windshield upright.

If possible, please share how you have accomplished this.

Thanks Bill

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

The ones on Bill’s “Angelica” are “rain gutter” clamp on style if they are the same ones that I put on the car.

There are allen snub screws that hold each mirror in place. Due to the design of the CMC windshield frame, I drilled two access holes in the inner part of the channel to get the allen wrench at the snub screws.

Pink MG39519.6549652778

Bill Pollard
    Participant

@mr-bill

I have been given a set of mirrors and had considered what you stated.

I had also thought about making a set of tabs to insert into the frame and mount the mirrors to the tab

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Bill,

That’s probably a better idea than drilling holes in the windshield frame channel.

My current “Pink MG” has an OEM MG-TD windshield, frame and mount. It can be folded flat (towards the radiator) as on the real TD’s.

It has a curved, slotted channel that the previous owner put a couple of Harley-Davidson mirrors on. They had threaded stems. The passenger side mirror sheared off. When I get the car done, I’ll replace the driver’s side one. It was a neat idea.

Don’t forget to post some pics!

Mark H.

Oceanport, NJ

Bill Pollard
    Participant

@mr-bill

Thanks for the info.

I’ll study more on how to mount the mirrors.

This windshield will also tilt forwards not that it will ever happen.

Once I have my wheels mounted and the new bumpers I’ll post the before and after pictures.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.