some pics

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas some pics

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tops off
    Participant

@tops-off

tops off
    Participant

@tops-off

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Nice looking car!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Nice ride!!! I think you really did win the lottery.

Do you know the kit manufacturer? It looks like a FiberFab or Classic Motor Carriage except all those have wider fenders on the front engine models. You may have a rare one indeed.

I can tell from the pictures that you have lots of fun with the car.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

I like her I’m in love with the 2 tone  , the first TD I ever saw had  the same colors   Dan

tops off
    Participant

@tops-off

Larry Murphy wrote:

Nice ride!!! I think you really did win the lottery.

Do you know the kit manufacturer? It looks like a FiberFab or Classic Motor Carriage except all those have wider fenders on the front engine models. You may have a rare one indeed.

I can tell from the pictures that you have lots of fun with the car.

tops off
    Participant

@tops-off

Thanks for the interest. This is definitely a fiberfab the ff logo is molded into the fire wall with a serial # that starts with 1978. I’m assuming that’s the year the kit was made. Interesting enough a friend who is a mechanic thinks this was built professionally.It has a datsun independent rear end’ brakes’ clutch slave cylinder.The wiring harness has all red wires.we can not figure out motor.It’s a ford v-6 but It’s not a 2.8 even though it has siameased manifolds like the 2.8.If any one can help with this that would be great. check the pic. of serial # 5j11 6836 stamped on block near water out.My research tells me this could be a industrial engine or a crate motor.In any case I’m not ordering any more parts [local parts guy sick of me] until I figure this out.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

what is that motor??

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Could be the German V6 that wsas used in the Mercury Capri.

If my memory serves me, their heads and intake were slightly different than the 2.8L V6 that was available in the Pinto/Bobcat, Mustang II and early Ranger/Bronco II variants. 

Try contacting Racer Walsh in Florida or Esslinger’s in California. An engine serial number or block casting number would help too.

BTW…Nice car!

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Nice!! Really like the 2 tone.  One of my favorite combinations.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

That thing must boogie. Real louvres too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.