Spare Tire Covers

Home Forums Classifieds MGTD Kit Parts and other stuff Spare Tire Covers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Badgett
    Participant

@vwpawpaw

Does anyone have a supplier or at least a pattern for covering the spare tire?

Thanks for any help.

Frank
    Participant

@frankied

Check your local RV or Camper Supply stores. They usually carry a variety of tire covers in various sizes.  But beware that putting a tire cover of a VW based kit could cause overheating or restrict fresh air to the Carburetor.

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

Frank I’d like to add to your Post that I use a Spare Tire Cover ..It’s the kind that just covers the Tire not the wheel..If he gets a Cover I would recomend that kind..A good Auto Top Shop could make a Cover very easy and Cheaper then MG Magic or Moss Motors..I had my Bus up yesterday to a Friend of mine that Manages a Seat Cover Shop in WoodRidge..While waiting for a repair on the Bus Seats. We chatted about anything and everything. He mentioned that he is starting a Business at home..Doing seats and Bimini Covers for boats..(He lives at Greenwood Lake) I mentioned that I knew a few from this site that were asking for info on Tops etc..He said he would be interested in some work..And could dublicate anything along like Convertable Tops,Seats Etc..So if anyone is interested in possible saving a few dollars …Get Back to me …You would have to send your OLD stuff to be measured and a pattern made

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Bill,

I might want to see if your friend could make a few things for me- I will get in contact w/ you in a few weeks as I complete my car.

One question- My car has a solid fiberglass tire shaped pc that mounts on the engine cover- no vents, just solid. Am I missing something? Should this be vented somehow?   Thanks, Dale

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

Dale ….Mine is a Real Tire on the Back Cover and the wheel has vent holes and also the cover is open in the back of the tire to let air in..See the Picture at MGTDKITCARCLUB at yahoo groups.Click on Photos then click Members and then my name (Bill Coll)…Its an Old Picture before I changed the Doghouse from Chrome to Powder Coating and also before I bought the Tire Cover on E-bay……Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Spare Tire Covers’ is closed to new replies.