Windshiield Wipers

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Windshiield Wipers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bill Gayler
    Participant

@bgayler

My Daytona Migi wipers have a 1/4″ post that the arms attach with a small hex head screw to hold the arm on. The flat end of the arm slides through a slot in the back of the blade and has a set screw to hold the blade to the arm. I don’t know what year VW this represents, but I bought a new pair on EBAY that the picture looked like the same. One of the new arms doesn’t have the spring for tension and the other fits poorly. Will any other year VW wiper system work? I have a 70 Bug parts car that looks like the spacing of the posts are about the same. The arms on it are held in place with a hollow nut.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Bill, most MG replicas use VW wipers. Measure the distance between the shafts on your MG and the  shafts on the VW and if the distance is the same ,the one on your parts car should work.I recently got a complete set of arms and blades from Orielly Auto that included adapters for both types you described for under $40. Hope this helps.

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

I second Larry’s suggestion. The wipers from your ’70 VW should work.

Bill Gayler
    Participant

@bgayler

Thanks,

I knew I could count on you guys. There’s a wealth of knowledge on this forum and I appreciate you sharing it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.