new to group

Home Forums Site Rules and Etiquette new to group

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ed Ellingson
    Participant

@edengineer

I just joined the group.  I have a Daytona Migi replica that I completed in 1984 and have been driving since, 29 years.  I’ve had very few problems with the kit or the underlying 1969 VW.
    The fuel gauge doesn’t work right now, the horn is intermittent, a trim piece needs repair, and I should really re-build the engine, so I’ve got some work ahead of me.

I really enjoy the car, and continually get responses from people, ranging from “thumbs up” or something as I pass by to stopping by to chat if I’m stationary.  When I first started driving it there were often questions about it being a “kit”, but that essentially disappeared over the years as fewer people know or care about kit cars, they just like the way it looks and are intrigued by the age.

I expect I’ll be looking for help on this forum occasionally.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Ed

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Welcome

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Welcome aboard Ed!

Nice car!

If you haven’t already, click the link in my signature and add your info to the registry thread. Thanks!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

dggrant
    Participant

@dggrant

Welcome aboard

Richard Shear
    Participant

@gbidick

Welcome to the group

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Good ta meet ya, Ed. Nice car.

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

From the photo I’d say you have a nice-looking ride there, Ed — not to mention a nice-looking co-pilot. My suggestion would be to put the fuel gauge at the bottom of your “to-do” list. Mine hasn’t worked since I replaced the original rusted-out gas tank with a baffled circle-track fuel cell, but if you know what kind of mileage you’re getting you can manage OK by keeping an eye on the odometer. I fill up every 330 km and stay on the road just fine.

TexAg712013-08-27 19:47:43

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

love your car . Mine is British green also . Just curious are those beauty rings on your tires.Thought about them for my car

Robert J.Smith
    Participant

@smitty

Welcome aboard Ed . I also have a Daytona MiGi BRG in color. You will find this forum very useful.

Mark
    Participant

@shakey57

Hi everyone. I hope i’m in the right spot. I’m Mark “Two Blades” Williams. I’m new and looking for info on my newly acquire 1949/vw MG. Before you ask I am Cherokee and Two Blades is my Indian name. There is so much info on the net about these cars. Some good, some not. I’m glad I found this group.
    Thanks,
    Two Blades

Mark
    Participant

@shakey57

Hi, Smitty is it? I see you live in the great town of Greenville, SC. I am in Lexington, SC. How long have you had your MG and what is it?Shakey572013-10-02 16:08:09

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Welcome to you, Two Blades!

Robert J.Smith
    Participant

@smitty

Welcome aboard Two Blades . My MiGi sits on a 1970 VW chassis. Tons of smiles.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.