$900 Starting Bid and lots of TLC in Sunnyvale CA

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale $900 Starting Bid and lots of TLC in Sunnyvale CA

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Here’s one that needs lots of TLC, but hey with only a $900 starting bid, go for it.  It’s located in Sunnyvale, CA.  See it on E-Bay, more pics.

Bill

I started this project a few years ago, but never got around to finishing it. The car sits on
    a 1970 VW Bug, that had a the stock 1500 motor in it. The guy i bought the bug from
    said the motor was rebuilt and he had started a restoration of the vehicle, but never
    finished. It looks like it is in good shape. The fiberglass is solid and I have almost
    everything you need to complete the car. Besides what you see in the pictures here is
    what I have.
    The door, dashboard with gauges, bottom half of seats, wiring harness, head lights, and
    a green fiber glass top that I was going to modify to fit on it.
    To complete the car you would need the back engine cover, a windshield and frame,
    which are made for dune buggies and can be picked up pretty cheap on line. You would
    also need a carb and some other parts to complete the engine. It will need a paint job.
    I had the title for the chassis, but when I went to transfer it into my name at DMV it was
    out of the system. Once you complete it you will need to have someone verify that you
    own the title you are requesting matches up to the car. I have all the paper work ready
    to go.
    Mileage  23,000.  Located in Sunnyvale, CA
    This is a fun little car and would be a great simple, cheap project to complete and drive
    around.
    Please let me know if you have any questions.

Bad Bill

Dave B.
    Participant

@dave-b

I was looking at the pictures and got to thinking that you could turn it into a sort of rear-engine street rod: cover the engine with chrome parts and leave them sticking out, but in the back instead of the front.  I have to wonder what happened to the engine cover.

Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

I think whomever buys it, is in for lots of elbow grease and a far out horizon until it is drivable.

Bill

Bad Bill

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hmmm….to heck with finishing the car.

To me that’s $900 for a grill and a set of mini-lites (or mini-lite look-a-likes). Thumbs Up

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Six hours left on the bidding, and still no bids.

Bill

Bad Bill

Melvin Collins
    Participant

@fairwindsnc

My kit was free, have not decided if it was a bargain. Well, I’m sure it will be great when finished.

Mike Schumacher
    Participant

@juneybug

There is a member nuts&bolts who has Fglass parts for FF replicas

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Just looked at the other photos…there was a hardtop with that car.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Yes. That hard top would have been plenty fun to make fit, no doubt.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

The hardtop looks like it’s off an MGB, or something similar.

Would be easier to craft a hardtop from scratch!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.