A few updates, expunging spammers, and some more to come… (Resolved)

Home Forums Site Site Input and Issues A few updates, expunging spammers, and some more to come… (Resolved)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

I applied a few updates to the site’s plugins this evening and deleted a few seemingly spam registrations. There’s a few more updates that need to be applied but I wanted to warn folks first.

1. An update to WordPress itself to 4.9.3. The site might go down for a few minutes sometime next week.
    2. We’ve been running with a discontinued SPAM filter and the fake registrations are starting to get annoying. There’s an alternate filter that will require a bit more during new user registration, but I think it will be worth the hassle. I’ll do this after testing with the new version of WordPress.

That’s all for now. For those in warmer climates, safety fast!
    Stephen

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

Well, after applying the updates that I thought would have no effect, blamo! several of the pages disappeared. So I did the one thing you should never do in that situation. I applied more updates.

In the end, we are now running the latest WordPress (from above) and the blank pages are fixed. So scratch item 1 above, only the SPAM filter left to sort out.

Stephen

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

As ALWAYS you are doing the yeoman’s work! If there we had a Silver Star you’ve have earned it. Thanks for your continuing efforts.

Amor Conquista Todo

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thanks Stephen!

This afternoon, I deleted about thirty new spam registrants. I’ve been keeping a log of all the spam domains that have been hitting us. If that info will help your work, let me know.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.