?? Allison MGTD For Sale ??

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale ?? Allison MGTD For Sale ??

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

There is what looks to me like an Allison TD replica on the Knoxville Craigslist. It is listed as a MGTD with little information and what seems to me to be a premium price.I just thought it was too rare not to share it here.  It was listed on 7-30- 2010 as a 1952 MGTD . It may be a front engine model ..Can’t tell from the pictures. Larry Murphy40390.5783101852

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Larry    it is a nice looking car my computer will not let me E him at his craigslist address to find out more  the car can’t be to far away if it is in Knoxville,,,,,,, Dan R Dan R40390.8640856482

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Nice car, but a bit dear. Here’s one in annapolis, MD that’s more in line with a budget. Fiberfab… incomplete. Check the tagline with the photo.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Dan, I clicked on the link in the Craigslist and it went thru. I got a reply from the owner’s grandaughter who is helping her grandmother with the sale.  She confirmed that it is an Allison with the Nissan engine and drive train/suspension.She ”thinks” that it has real wire wheels.

I got the impression that she is not too experienced in the automotive world . She did say that it would be ok for anyone with interest or experience to contact her. I thought you might want to take a ride to Knoxville to see this car for yourself and to get us firsthand information and pictures. I told her about the forum and I think she would appreciate any help.

Larry Murphy40393.4887731482

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

I checked the Knoxville, TN Craig’s list…is that’s the right Knoxville??? There is one listed that is dark green, has hub caps and is a VW based car.

Chevy Chase, MD is northwest of downtown Washinton, DC, about 11 o’clock on the Capital Beltway. That unassembled car might be worth a drive there???

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

I don’t know why after this thing was reconfigured it will not me do craigs list  That TD is in Knoxville..  In the pics she looks great it is under MG TD Roadster   Dan Dan R40393.5496064815

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Mark,   When I saw the one in Chevy Chase, my first thought was ”That would be a good opportunity for Mark to get back in the TD replica world”. GO FOR IT!!

There  is a green VW based car on Knoxville Craigslist that has been on there for several months but the Allison has only been on for two or three days. I got an e-mail from the grandaughter of the lady that owns the car  and  it did say Knoxville Tn. Other than in brochures , it is only the second front engined Allison car that I have seen. This one is white with tan interior.or so it appears in the pictures.

Dan, There is a link near the top of the ad that when clicked on connected me to outlook express which connected me to Craigslist and they sent it to the person that placed the ad,  at least I think that’s how it works.If I can be of more help, let me know.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

The VW-based one in Athens TN is very interesting. Are those dub-style Buick portholes affixed to its forward flanks?

Mark, you’re in or near DC? If so, I’mma second Larry’s admonition & suggest you at least look at that pile o’ parts someone’s trying to move. I’m wanting someone to cruise with & hoping to get a couple within a 70 mile radius at least.

If you go, let us know.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Larry my computer shows POP3 error every time i try craigslist E/M I have att.net for my internet I guess it does not like craigslist  I have my daughter inlaw trying to find something for me ,there is a B for trade he may consider a Harley good way to get rid of mine,, best of it is he is in our countyif I can find him……  Dan

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Dan ,Try this e-mail address

sale-zpxgy-1872007317@craigslist.org

That is the one I got thru  with.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Larry I give up i am just going to let my son do it for me i put a post on craigslist if it is seen ok if not the bike don’t eat much  Dan

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Dan , I know what you mean about giving up on the computer. I get our children and grandchildren to come up here and ”fix” our’s quite often. 

The person that posted the ad is the lady that owns the car’s grandaughter so I doubt if they could use a Harley but you never know. There must have been a grandfather somewhere in this picture.

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

I’m about 4.5 hours northeast of Chevy Chase/Washington DC.

I’d like to get another TD Replica to mess with but I’ll be forced to move out of state in early to mid 2011 due to the Fort Monmouth base closure and it’s move to Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) in Maryland. I am supposed to report there on 13 Feb 2011, but may just stay here until the official closure, 15 Sep 2011, and retire after 41 years of service.

I’ve got too much stuff going on now as an old single Dad of an 18 year old, selling my house, thinning the fleet, deciding on where to live/build after my earlier than planned retirement…or move to APG. Either way, I can’t stay here in NJ where I’ve been all my life.

After the dust settles, I’ll start looking for another TD replica.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

DanR,

Web based email links typically look for a mail client on your computer.

The POP3 error means that your mail client is not configured to access your email server (verizon, att, aol, gmail or whomever you use).

If you always go out to the web to use your email service, you probably have no email client configured on your own computer. I’m sure there is one installed. Any PC running Mircosoft operating software will likely have Outlook Express on it. But until you “connect” Outlook Express to your mail service, you cannot use it.

Explaining what Larry reported – When he clicked the email link, the link launched Outlook Express, running on Larry’s computer. Outlook express was correctly configured to contact Larry’s email service.

The email successes or failures have nothing to do with craigslist. They relate to the proper configuration on the computer or laptop.

PMOSSBERG40395.6986574074

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

C’Mon down, Mark. The water’s fine. I’ll show you around Harford County. APG is about a click from my front door. The Mariner Point Park (marina & boat ramp) is a bit closer.

Lots of rentals available right reasonable (real houses I mean; yards, garages) if you want to take your time about buying or building & wait for the market to settle down (Don’t listen to the Realtor hype).

If it doesn’t work out you can always retire, right?

If you want to come down just to look around we’ll host you.

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Thanks for the invite. I’ll PM you.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.