Allison VW-TD east of Dallas

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale Allison VW-TD east of Dallas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

This sure is purdy!  Love those wheels.  I only drove the VW auto transmission once many years ago and I didn’t like it.  Had not heard of it in an Allison.  On eBay!

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Love those wheels. That’s a clean looking car. Wonder why no interior shot though.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Right Ed.  I just wrote and asked him to include some interior shots.  I am not interested (too far, already have a MiGi) but it seems that the Allison’s are the cream of the TD crop wrt coachwork.  No??  (Don’t forget that I have not seen any TDr other than mine in many many years.   

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Wish I could find a luggage rack like that.  I’ve looked at the Model A rack and even came close to ordering one.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

VW Allisons have a really excellent trunk, very TD-like side curtains, a real glove box and very TD-like center dashboard plate. The tail lights are 1953 TD/TF, spitting image. I believe that luggage rack may have been standard equipment. It’s a deluxe package all ’round. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.