Another request from the newbie on the Ca

Home Forums General Discussion Another request from the newbie on the Ca

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    George MacEachern
    Participant

@capecodman

Does anyone happen to have the name and number of someplace I can get a convertible top for my 52 fiberfab replica?  I have only the frame and no patterns for anything.

I tried to go through MG Magic in Florida and found the number to be no good and the operator could not find the listing.  Am I now compelled to only drive the vehicle when the sun is out?

George on cape cod

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Take the frame and some pictures of some other TD’s with their tops up to a local Auto Top vendor. Most of them can fabricate a top.

I had a Classic Roadsters Ltd “Baron” and the top was fabricated locally out of a fabric called Stayfast, like most European drop tops use today. The guy used the old, mildewed top for a pattern.

Even if there were NOS tops for these cars, they’d be dry rotted from age anyway…they’ve been out of production so long now.

Pink MG39713.6693634259

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

George,

In a different posting, you mentioned you had found the phone number for MG Magic. It’s probably buried in a bunch of old postings. But why don;t you post a new one, with MG Magic Phone Number as the subject…and include the number in the subject and body of the posting.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.