Anyone want a MGTD Replica RAT ROD?

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale Anyone want a MGTD Replica RAT ROD?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Here’s something I haven’t seen before, one of our made into a RAT ROD.  For sale in Ohio.  More pics on E-Bay.

Bill

1952 MG TD REPLICA RAT ROD…FUN CAR!!!

You are looking at a really cool MG TD replica rat rod, IT is presented in a Matte black
    over black leather interior and looks amazing rolling down the road. It is in excellent
    driver quality condition with only minor blemishes. The fiberglass body is straight and all
    gaps line up nicely, the paint presents very well but is not a show quality finish.
    Mechanically the vehicle is excellent, the VW 1600 motor pulls strong and the 4 speed
    transmission shifts great. The vehicle was just in fro service where all the brakes were
    replaced along with the master cylinder, full engine tune up including gaskets and seals,
    new fuel pump, carb tune up and clean, and all the electric was sorted out. It’s a
    wonderful car that is very reliable and can be driven anywhere without concern. Front
    fenders, tonneau cover, and top do come with the car. For any additional information
    please contact (440) 915-3506. The vehicle is being offered locally so i do reserve the
    right to end the auction early.

Bad Bill

matt
    Participant

@mortner84

Hi Thanks for posting that. I built that car. It was originally the British racing red and was a full dress mgtd kit.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Pretty cool ride Mortner!
    Good luck with the sale!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Sweet ride!!!
    I think shed look even better with a lower profile wind screen or maybe even Brooklands. Also some wide white wall or thin red wall tires with red rims to really set her off. Keep the chrome moons over the red rims. Red grill slats would make the package complete. I like how you kept the fenders on the back they add a bit of class to that hot rat rod!
    Are you going to make another one?

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I, too, like the rat-rod look. Do you still have the front fenders?

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Found this on my way home from work yesterday…

https://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/?start_tab=new_set

PMOSSBERG2015-10-11 09:55:24

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Bill,

That link is to start a new album or set.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

https://flickr.com/photos/128426013@N03/sets/72157659719039675
    edsnova2015-10-20 21:07:44

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Hey Bill, Thanks for posting those to the photo group on Flickr.  Great find.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Might as well drop this here then: Anyone up for a 2016 TDr Calendar project?

If so, send your large format photos (2 mb minimum, if you can) to my email. 
    edwardericsonjr +++AT+++ GMAIL ++DOT++ COM
    The shot of the rat with Bill’s car in the background out to be October, I’m thinking.
    Remember, guys: ALL TDr-related pics are good pics. (Or can be). So, yeah, 3/4 front shots of your freshly-waxed baby in front of a red barn or a pristine lake are good. 
    But so are shots of you, in that car, driving down the highway. So are shots of your car half apart in the garage as you fix something. So are closeup detail shots of your headlight or hubcap of the chrome air cleaner reflecting a biplane buzzing overhead. Shots of greasy hands packing wheel bearings can work. 
    Look through what you have, boys, and/or stage a few new scenarios. Let’s see if we got 13 good pics since last time we did this.
    ede
    Bob
    Participant

@lrh

I was thinking “rat rod” might be debatable since it looks like what I think of as a hot rod, except for not seeing a big engine poking out.

And before I saw the red one I wondered if it would actually look better without the rear fenders, which does work well for that red one with the modified back end and its wide wheels.
    duke
    Participant

@duke

I would be interested in buying the top depending how much you are asking for it. If it were me I would part it out and than maybe sell the body to someone building a hot rod. Thanks, Duke

foolthrottle
    Participant

@foolthrottle

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.