Broken Fuel Line

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Broken Fuel Line

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lee Komich
    Participant

@copterpilot

Has anyone replaced the main fuel line?  Mine is broken at the point where it comes out of the pan…hard to get to.  The first question is does the fuel tank need to be removed?

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

you should be able to leave the tank in .  Check this link for more info https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380724  it goes through the whole job doable if you take your time & do not short cut keep us posted it took me awhile to get the link but it pretty much covers it

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by crash55.
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I did not replace my in-tunnel line but when I installed the Subaru engine I ran new fuel injection hard lines front to back—fuel and return. Since I was not taking the body off the pan I ran the lines through the interior of the car low on the passenger side of the tunnel.

Shocking? Well, actually, that is how Subaru did it:

I ripped out the Legacy hard lines and laid them down alongside the MG to check for length and shape.

My car already had the positive battery cable running inside the cockpit along the tunnel:

So I just added some more…

With the carpet on installed you’d never know they’re there. I repurposed the original fuel line as a vent and put the Suby’s original charcoal filter and catch valve on it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.