Center Console

Home Forums General Discussion Center Console

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Pollard
    Participant

@heymoe

Folks-

As my TDr has become my daily driver M-F, I am wondering what folks do for a center console – more specifically, what do you do to hold that morning cup of lifer juice (coffee)?  My TDr is VW based and the hand brake is well forward of the shifter,  giving me a space between the seat bottoms where a cup holding contraption of some sort would work.

VW based CMC 52 TDr “Miss Gertrude” AKA “Gerty”

Gregg Strain
    Participant

@greggs

Page 403 of the Empi catalog has a couple. Amazon has a couple of others. I bought the Empi model 16-9550 from Amazon! It’s okay and the cheapest readily available. I made some modifications to the rear most pocket area by using a black plastic box to convert it to an area to install a USB port, 12 volt receptacle and switches for my seat warmers. It fits in between my FF TD seats and surrounds the gear shift (more modifications). I plan on fastening it with a couple of screws after I get the new carpeting installed.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Gregg Strain.
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

For temporary use … a full roll of duct tape on the floor. 😉

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I once considered putting a cup holder in the left running board. Easily accessible and out of the way.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

Great for refreshment during those long boring hill climbs.

1986 British Coach Works Type 52 (Sammy)
    Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Bill should just hang an IV bag from the roll cage.

I bought these fold-up jobbies for Bridget. They’re screwed into the side of the tunnel (my side only now, since the passenger side now has fuel lines running there). Folded up it’s invisible against the black carpet. Folded down it works fine and keeps my drink easily reachable, if not as neatly stowed as in a center console.

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

I have a couple of these, one in my TDr and the other in my Bugatti. They’re not cheap, but look excellent, are quite solid, lots of storage space,many color options and shipping is free. Plus you get an arm rest at  no additional charge!         https://www.jbugs.com/category/Universal_Cup_Holders.html

Amor Conquista Todo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.