CMC/FiberFab MiGi

Home Forums General Discussion CMC/FiberFab MiGi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

If my memory/info is correct,Daytona MiGi was one of the first TD replicas. Some of the MiGi s had shorter grilles ,London Roadsters,which  used MiGi body kits, have the shorter grilles too.

Ihave seen some MiGis with full sized grilles and these cars look very much like FiberFab cars. I think Fiber Fab may have bought out Daytona MiGi and dropped the name somewhere along the way.

Then CMC comes on the scene and joins with or buys out FiberFab eliminating the competion and the FF name at some point as time went by.

The CMC cars are basically the FF design but they redesigned the front fenders to include the splash pan with the seam in the center.

They seemed to use different tail lights and turn signals at different times perhaps as they were available.It is not uncommon to find differences within the same brand kits.

This info is the result of  my  searching various sources and may not be complete or accurate.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I’ll add to that only about my CMC TD which have no data plates anywhere. The only thing that even indicates it has anything to do with Fiberfab is the assembly manual (which is way different than fiberfab’s manual) and the FF grill logo which I have switched to the MG logo. I think, but I’m not sure that the spare tire mounting setup is also different.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Larry,

That sequence sounds pretty close to my own memory!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Thanks Paul, I was hoping that I was not too far off. The kit car industry changed so much and so fast that it is hard to keep the facts seperate from the rumors.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

They bought up Classic Roadsters Ltd. also.

Here’s a brief history of Classic Roadsters Ltd:

https://tdreplica.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=730&P N=14

PMOSSBERG40772.4598842593

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mike
    Participant

@mike-n-scarlett

Many thanks Larry on the information. Everything you said confirms what I thought and my car is indeed a CMC/Fiberfab. The splash pan has the seam in the center and like Allen said about his car ,had the FF grill medallion until I changed it to an MG medallion. It does have the bullet front turn signals and the tail lights common on the CMC if their really is a common on these 35 + year old cars that may have gone thru cosmetic changes from previous owners making them their own.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.