Dash Trim

Home Forums General Discussion Dash Trim

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Found soft Aluminum angle to be used on my glove box. It is counter trim about 3/16 x 3/4 inches. Was found at a local 3 generation Ace Hardware store. 12 Dollars and some change for it. Comes pre drilled and with attaching screws. Hardware stores and boat supply houses are places to look for items we need on these cars.

Toller
    Participant

@toller

George
    Do you have a brand name or a manufacturer for the product. We do not have Ace hardware stores in Canada. I am replacing my dash and could use the product you have described to finish the edge

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

Thanks for sharing. 
    I took out my not functioning radio, made a wooden box to fill in the hole and finished it with a stained oval wooden door.
    I used some chrome trim around the edge, but am not totally satisfied with how it looks.
    Now have a usable (if small) glove box like the originals.
    I’ll check at my local DIY for your solution.

Amor Conquista Todo

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

pm edsnova  he had a good source of very flexible chrome trim for the  glove box 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dave: Material made in Canada for Ace Hardware. No company listed. It is counter edging should b able to find there in Canada.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Don’t know if this is the stuff that you are talking about but

Cowles Products Company, New Haven, Ct makes and sells something called “Custom Chrome” which is flexible and comes with a peel off 3M adhesive back.  Good stuff.  Seems to age well.  The 1/8″ stuff will bend around a 1″ radius nicely.  Bright chrome look, even though it is plastic. 

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I like that idea. Please post photos.

I have some very old TD original dash trim on mine. I like the worn out brass look but I’m sure it’s not everyone’s favorite beverage. For the top piece I used the thinnest stick-on chrome moulding from one of the usual supply houses. Very nice flexible stuff, looks the part and sticks great, but lacks that fold-over effect the original–and apparently this counter trim–has. 
    Eager to see how that stuff performs.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.