Emissions

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits Emissions

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Oh yeah,

I heard from Elvis tonight. He agrees that you should put ‘er back together and run ‘er down the highway

Thank you,…Thank you very much!

Rich

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

I actually had dinner the other night with one of Elvis’ doctors and I asked him point blank, ‘Is Elvis really dead?’, without any hesitation he said ‘Hell no, he works at a Wendy’s in Kentucky.’ I laughed, but he didn’t….that got me to thinking .

My dad died and I have been so busy dealing with the estate and getting his house ready to put into a messed up market that I have abandoned the car for now. Each morning before work I go out and pat it on the top. I usually don’t get home in the evening until 10 PM or so and every weekend is spent painting and cleaning out dad’s house and his lawn. Anyone want a lakehouse on 87 acres adjacent to a 35 acre lake? I am glad he rode in the car before he died. I hope to get the house on the maket in a few weeks and back on the car.

James

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

James,

Very sorry to hear about your dad. Family takes priority.

Rich

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

James, I am sorry about your loss. I have been there and it can be hard to handle. The good thing about our hobby is it can be put on hold when necessary.You are in our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

Larry M.

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Thanks guys. I was very fortunate to have been able to be at his bedside when he took his last breath and talking to him. Not many people have this opportunity to say goodbye to someone so special in their life. He really liked the MGTD and enjoyed riding in it.

James

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

James, my condolences. I’ve been through this with both parents. I still miss them both too.

I was able to share the same experience you had with your Dad with my mother in January 2001. She too got to ride in Pink MG #1.

The Pink MG moniker came from her telling me in 1953 that she wanted me to buy her a Pink MG when I grew up.

You’ll be in my prayers.

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

James

It’s so sad when our dads die; it seems we are one less person inside.

My thoughts are with you.

Ringo

J.D. Crites, 1921-1999   Thanks for all you taught me about cars….and life.

Ringo40001.7934143519

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Hey James,

Just a follow up note. I know you’ve recently gone through some very difficult times. Just wondering if you’re going to get back to that car in the near future. Probably too hot to drive in Memphis at this time of year anyway, but there’s some nice fall days comin’ around the corner!

…and plenty of advice from the gang at TD-Replicas!

Remember, free advice is worth every penny!

Rich

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

She is still sitting on the jack stands all apart. I have been so busy with my dads estate and trying to get the house on the market. I had no idea the bad condition of the house, I have been out there every evening and weekend for months. I should get the house finished the end of Aug, and then get back on the car. It is terrible hot and humid and the mosquitoes are flying in squadrons. You can see formations of them on the attack. For now the car is wrapped up under a cover on the stands behind the driveway gate, but not back in the garage. My garage was built in 1904 and is not a happy structure.

Is it okay for a car to sit so long on stands under the frame and the suspension hanging? I don’t want to do any damage to anything since this is not a normal position for a car.

Thanks Rich, James

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

James,

Mine was on Jack stands for at least 7 years, and it seems just fine. Get to it when you can and don’t work too hard!

Rich

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.