ff windshield frame finisher

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas ff windshield frame finisher

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gordon pollard
    Participant

@flash

Where can we buy any type of finisher for the screen frame ends to body it would look much better than the angle cut and the two screws? 

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Do a “search” for “cowl brackets for TDr” and you’ll find a discussion about this.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

This is the thread Roy refers to:

https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/cowl-brackets-for-tdr/

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

gordon pollard
    Participant

@flash

Hi guys did we ever find or make the cowl brackets for the TD?

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Hey all
    With all the talent in our club I was thinking that maybe the cowl brackets from SoCal speed shop could be modafied and used. Most of their parts are for early Fords but they may work.
    My Classic Roadsters LTD came with a pair of cool brackets and they do look better than just the frames. Im thinking of contacting a 3D printer company to have them reproduced. I dont know how much it will cost but if its not too bad then Ill let you know so you can get a pair. Ill try to track someone down in the next couple of weeks and keep you posted.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

If you’re going to the trouble of replicating a pair of cowl brackets, replicate a pair of correct pieces.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Im not sure what is the correct one. I just figured that the ones that came with my car were the right ones. They sure look nice and they cover the windsheild frame bolts perfectly. The cowl frames are strictly for looks. Id really like to install the cowl brackets that let you fold down the windsheild. That would be great for summer nights at the drive in theater.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.