fold down windscreen

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas fold down windscreen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Chuck
    Participant

@scchuck

I just purchased a duchess and would like to convert the windshield to a folding windshield as on the TD’s.  Does anyone make such a conversion kit?  I would think it would be relatively simple if you had the shop to do it.  Are these for sale anywhere?

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Check out Moss Motors . Their TD site shows all the parts that make up the folding windshield but if I am seeing the page correctly , some of the parts are no longer available. Occasionally one shows up on the web used, but if you can find one ,the cowel must be reshaped removing the flat shaped area that the Duchess windshield frame bolts to.

Check Ringo’s Duchess in the photo gallery. His car has the Duchess frame with special covers attached to the frame and cowel. It does not fold down but does look more like the original MG.

The top attaches to the windshield differently ,a bow ,usually made of wood , with the top material wrapped arround it attaches the top to the windshield frame.

Awhile back, a forum member actually made this modification. I think you can find it in Deerebill’s gallery

Stephen Chuck
    Participant

@scchuck

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.