Ford 2.3 weight

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits Ford 2.3 weight

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Has anyone weighted their cars front weight, total and rear?

I’ve got a Fiberfab 2.3 liter Ford with an automatic to be specific.  Does the manual have any reference to the weight?

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

My car is a Ford 2.3L with a A/T, according to my registration my car weights 1800 lbs.  I’d be interested in the weight distribution also.

luvmytd39974.4862268519

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Mine is registered at 1886 lbs. (2.3l manual)

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

The curb weight is easy to get at any public scale. Most recylcer’s have drive-on scales.

To determine the weight distribution accurately, you’d need to “scale” the car on a set of 4 scales, one under each wheel. You know, the way race cars are set up. If you have a local oval bull ring, one of the regular racers may be able to help you out. They may even be able to tell you what rate spring should be at each corner.

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

I’ll get my weights next week and post them it’s on my todo list.  There is a town dump scale I believe I can use.  I’m sure my tax dollars contributed to the purchase of the scale correct 🙂  4 corner weights is probably overkill for a cruiser with limited suspension adjustment.  I’ll get the weights with 200 lb in the drivers seat, my stealth body.

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

So, you’re a little guy!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.