Ford radiator hose

Home Forums General Discussion Ford radiator hose

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Anyone know wht CMC used for radiator hoses on the Fords.  Pinto’s were way off.   Outside of taking the old ones off, and just trying to match them up.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Montie  try a universal flex hose all parts stores have them measure the out side of your hose through the bends and then both sides in side of your current hose OR remove  your hose and match the size at the parts store I always liked NAPA .

Good luck ,,,DAN

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Thanks Dan.  

I thought of that too, and will go that way if I have too.  I know, somewhere out there, is preformed hoses.  Of course, if I could find red ones all the better.  My car is white with red pin strips, so while I’m cleaning up under the “bonnett” I’m trying to go red and white too.   So far: red plug wires, red heater hoses, polished alum valve cover, painted the timing cover white and a few chrome pieces and a header exaust.  Haven’t decided about the fan and pully’s yet??Chrome? paint white? or a flex fan??? 

Oh and plan to pull the radiator and strip and polish the top too. 

The wife is begining to think I’m crazy. Well, I think she already knew that. 

I’ll post a picture before and after as soon as the weather clears up.  Montie

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

I just found some stainless steel powder coated radiator hose kits at Summit racing.. Their made by MR Gasket.  Has anyone tried these? 

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Not sure about those. I always thought that stainless or nylon-braided hose covers looked pretty cool.

Anodized hose ends or clamp covers finish it.

I think the product you’re looking at is also here at JC Whitney.

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Montie
    Sorry to hear the Pinto hose didn’t fit.  Mine from Rockauto fit fine. Is the outlet on the top left of the radiator?
    Ringo

Greg Stickney
    Participant

@stickney

Mine is on the left. See picture

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Mine is on the opposite side.   

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.