Grill shells

Home Forums General Discussion Grill shells

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

On another thread , someone asked  about the possibility of purchasing only the grilles from two project cars that were for sale. That jogged my memory , Today I was looking at MG Magic’s website and they now have ”limited  quantities” of T D grille shells available. I think the price is about $ 900., but at least they are available.

Scott A Chynoweth
    Participant

@1oldbuzz

Not to burst your bubble.But I think they are different in size.I have an original as well as the one on my replica.The original will fit over the replica.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Buzz, Are you referring to height or width or both? I have noticed that some CMC cars appear to have grilles of a slightly different size or at least that’s what I remember.

Scott A Chynoweth
    Participant

@1oldbuzz

I guess I should clarify.I have a fiberfab,and an original grill shell is larger,both in hieght,and width.I would almost think that due to patten laws some changes in dimentions would have to be made on a copy.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

After the last accident, I installed an original grille shell on my Fiberfab kit.Width and height were identical. There was only a difference in contour at the fenders.Upper flange had to be removed to close the hood.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Thanks for all the replies. I guess the bottom line is be sure of the size before you order a new one.I remember on MG Magic’s website it says that you need to call them about most every thing since many changes were made and are often undocumented.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.