Hold my hand….

Home Forums Picture Gallery Pictures of your other Ride Hold my hand….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Hubert Atkinson
    Participant

@baytowntd

My other moneypit…..
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

Always liked the looks of those… With Pontiac now gone, and so few produced, that is certainly one to hold on to!

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I would not throw it out of my garage, not even to house a TDr.

Why/how is that brand new car a “moneypit?”
    edsnova2013-12-20 16:00:50

Hubert Atkinson
    Participant

@baytowntd

Oh, its the little things you can’t see…  Like a Borla exhaust, a K&N CAI, and from DDM Works (my favorite drug dealer), Probeam, Chassis brace, Front cross brace, Hawk brake pads and a switch to DOT 5 fluid, and several shiny bits here and there,  under the hood….

There there is Xmas presents, a new chrome wire grille..  Need I continue?..   
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Sweet!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

At the show in  VA Beach there was a Solstice with the Mallett V8 conversion. Really deep pockets.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Hubert Atkinson
    Participant

@baytowntd

The V-8 conversion is really not all that difficult.  If, as you say, you have deep pockets.  You can also drop a lot of coin on a blower for the NA model.

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Yes, the Soltice looks nice, but have you tried to take the convertible top on and put it back on when you’re pressed for time?  I looked at one at one for sale in Phoenix.  The salesman couldn’t figure out how to show me how the top came off.  You have to unsnap it all the way around and manually put it in the trunk.  I thought we did away with that design in the 1950s?  I’m glad I went with the Honda S2000 for a modern car.  5 to 6 seconds and the top is either up or down, neatly stored.  No trunk space lost.

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

Sounds like a TD top… except it has real side windows!

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Those S2000s are really nice. If I were in the market for a sports car it’d be near the top of my shopping list. I like the look of the Solstice (and its Saturn stable-mate) better though.

Hubert Atkinson
    Participant

@baytowntd

MGLondonRoadste wrote:
    Yes, the Soltice looks nice, but have you tried to take the convertible top on and put it back on when you’re pressed for time?  I looked at one at one for sale in Phoenix.  The salesman couldn’t figure out how to show me how the top came off.  You have to unsnap it all the way around and manually put it in the trunk.  I thought we did away with that design in the 1950s?  I’m glad I went with the Honda S2000 for a modern car.  5 to 6 seconds and the top is either up or down, neatly stored.  No trunk space lost.
    You must be talking about the tonneau cover.  The top goes up in about 30 seconds.  No snaps at all.  You do have to get out of the car to put it up, though.
    Hubert Atkinson
    Participant

@baytowntd

The Sol got a new grille for Xmas..

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Awww!

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Much nicer

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.