introduction

Home Forums Site Rules and Etiquette introduction

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Melvin Collins
    Participant

@fairwindsnc

After many years of asking me to build his 1982 Fiberfab MGTD
    kit, my friend finally said I will give it to you to build. Ok, I’ll take it even though I have 2 or 3 other car projects started. It arrived from California last week and has been unpacked. It was stored inside since 1982 and the boxes have never been opened. All is in good condition. It is a VW based kit however I’m looking at making it a front engine rear drive car. I will have a few questions as I proceed.

Melvin Collins
    Ennice, NC

Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

If you’re serious about scrapping the VW appoach, you may want to look at my build thread. I threw out the frame that came with my kit and scratch built a frame based on Mustang II components. I have also considered other approaches, such as MGB, Chevy V6, Buick aluminum V8. If you don’t go the VW route, the driver is the width of the rear end. After that, the rest falls in place.
    See Building Alfred under My Projects.
    Looking forward to your progress.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Welcome aboard Mel!

Great place, with great people. And they know some stuff about these little cars too!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

You could Soob it. Having a bit of storage up front is kind of nice.

Phil
    Participant

@cuzzame

I have a London Roadster. I think built in the early eightys.
    Just wondering if anybody knows what platforms other than VW this would fit without too much hassel.
    Thanks

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

welcome!

as far as  know the LR were VW chassis or  custom chassis.I have the  custom chassis .  
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.