It only took 21 years

Home Forums General Discussion It only took 21 years

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Well the car I purchased in Dec 2008 is all titled, registered and inspected in NH.  One more on the road but it took 21 years  It’s a FiberFab with a 2.3 liter Ford automatic.

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

It sure is a looker too! Happy Motoring!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Congratulations Rob! Looks great!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Looks Great BEST of LUCK   Dan R

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Wow, What a beautiful car! Congratulations, Looks like it was worth the wait! More pics, more pics!!!

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Hey Rob,

Glad you got it on the road. Looks like you’ve been cleaning and buffing! I thought you lived in MA.

Let me know if you’re in the Nashua area, and we can arrange to have the “twins” meet.

Rich

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Rich, I have a 65 Cobra (FFR replica) in Ma this car is housed in Moultonboro, NH so it’s a Northern toy.  Now if I only had more time to enjoy all the toys.

Hopefully it will get me to the ice cream shop and back this weekend.  Still have some work to do on it but hopefully nothing that will stop me from enjoying it this summer.

It really feels good on the road, tracks just fine, steers fine, but the rear suspension seems to be a little stiff as it felt like it bottom out once.  Filled up the tank and the gas guage only reads a quarter.  Went by one of those speed sign showing the speed at 37 and my speedo read 57 so it needs a different driven gear.  Minor stuff to keep me occupied.

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Rob,

Our cars should sit at about the same level because they are both the same Ford suspension components (I think), but your’s is definitely lower in the rear. Let me know if you need any specifics on how mine is set up.

My speedometer is overstating speed by about 5 MPH. Not bad, but if you find a cheap source for alternate gears, I’d like to get it closer to actual.

Thanks,

Rich

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Rob;

Nice! Nice! Nice!

Enjoy the ride.

Ringo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.