Kit Car Serial Number

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Kit Car Serial Number

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Getting an MG kit tomorrow, It’s a FiberFab. Two questions. One…where is the FiberFab Kit Serial Number located? Second…Do I use the FiberFab Serial Number or the VW Chassis VIN to Register in the Membership?

Thanks. I’ll Post some pics Tuesday after work.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hi Allen,

I own a Classic Roadsters Duchess, so I can’t answer your first question.

But if you are asking about the TD Registry?

We don’t collect serial numbers. Just owner and car info.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Yeah…noticed that after I posted. That’s cool. I’ll switch over to the TD Registry and put in the info. Well planned info anyway…like someone else did.

Thanks Paul

Allen Caron

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Welcome, Allen!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Yup…welcome aboard Allen.

We live to serve the newbies to this hobby! So never be shy about speaking up when you need help.

You’ll just post a note with your info. I’ll update the master list and our geography expert James will add you to our map.

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Thanks for all the help guys. Picked up the kit yesterday evening at about 7:30 and got home around midnight. I’ll try to inventory what I have todaY after work. So far it appears I’m only minus the hub caps (not a problem because I’m going to switch to real wire wheels) and the wiring harness. Should I order a standard VW Beetle harness?

I’ll take and post photos of the kit when I do the inventory.

Again thanks folks. I’ll post more questions in the forum as I  move along.

Allen Caron

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Like I wrote before Allen, we’re here to help! so keep firing away!

Just my opinion, but the stock Beetle harness will have far more than you need. Dune buggy harnesses usually include what you need to a VW based kit car.

Sources I have seen in other posts on the harness topic include:

Custom Wiring (http://www.customwiring.com/hotrods.html) says they have a harness for VW MGTD’s.  Another forum member also suggested Painless Wiring, Centech and Ron Francis. 

And with that, I’d like to ask you a favor.

One of the nice things about this forum is that we end up building a legacy of valuable content. But it’s only useful if topics are highlighted in the subject line and we make some attempt to keep the discussion in line with the topic.

It is certainly easier to keep replying to the same post. But that ends up with a mish-mosh of info that is hard to search for.

So, it’s a good habit to get into to start a new thread, in the appropriate forum section, when you have a new, unrelated question.

Thanks,

Paul Mossberg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.