Leftover TD Replica Parts for Sale! Everything Must Go!

Home Forums Classifieds VW Parts for sale Leftover TD Replica Parts for Sale! Everything Must Go!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    John Simion
    Participant

@johnsimion

The following parts are left over from my TD Replica project and must go.  Some items are new or almost new, others are old; but everything is “as-is only” and “what you see is what you get” (WYSIWYG) with no guarantees.  I have suggested prices but I am amenable to offers, as “everything must go.”  Price isn’t important — all I want to get out of it is enough money to pay the postage and make it worth my while to box and ship everything.  Hence, a lot of this stuff can be free as long as it’s included with other paying items and you pay the total postage.  Decide what you want and let’s agree on a price, then let me box them and get the price for postage — then I’ll let you know how much to send by PayPal.  Anything not sold within the next two or three weeks is either going to be donated or sent to the landfill.

PHOTO NUMBERS CORRESPOND TO PHOTOS IN MY MEDIA LIBRARY

Photos 1 and 2:  Two (2) side mirrors from MG Magic (briefly installed on the car but never used – essentially new condition with original boxes).  $10 for both.

Photo 3:  Two (2) headlight lenses with bulbs from MG Magic (briefly installed on the car but never used – essentially new condition).  $10 for both.

Photo 4:  Two (2) seat sliders from NRG Innovations, Model No. SBR-001.  New, never installed, but should fit a VW-based replica.  My upholsterer was just too lazy to use them.  Center bar is 12-1/2” wide and sides are each 2” wide (total width 16-1/2”) and 1” high.  $20 for both.

Photos 5, 6, and 7:  Mayfair 2412 blower, 4.5 Amp.  This was originally connected to ductwork in my dash for use as a defroster.  Might also be used as an auxiliary to the VW heating system.  It does work because I’ve heard it run.  Mounts on screw holes that are about 3-3/4” apart and are a natural fit for a Fiberfab that has ductwork installed in the dash.  Includes (if you want to pay the postage) a 1-1/2” diameter plastic vacuum hose, about 80” long.  Previous owner used this hose together with the Mayfair blower and a custom-made gray metal part to connect onto the VW heater, creating a defroster.

Photo 8:  Seat heater inserts, new, opened but never used.  Consist of four sections, each 19” long x 10-3/4” wide, plus additional wiring that I found after taking the picture.  $10.

Photos 9 and 10:  Yellow fog light, chrome, with 5” diameter lens.  This light was installed by the original builder.  I do not know if it works.  It has light pitting on the chrome but otherwise in good condition.  $10.

Photo 11:  Full set of “Vintage” gauges:  speedometer, tachometer, oil pressure, oil temperature, gas, and amps.  Speedometer and tach use 3-1/4” opening; the rest use 2” opening.  I think these were OEM for the Fiberfab kit.  Included are all the brackets, nuts, and washers needed to connect them.  Outward appearance is excellent aside from the dust, because they’ve always been kept indoors, and I believe at least some of them work, but the car had wiring issues when I got it, so I can’t say which ones actually work.  The speedometer only shows 873 miles, but the speedometer cable was broken when I got the car.  $100 for the set.

Photos 12 and 13:  MG Magic dash-mounted rearview mirror (briefly installed on the car but never used – essentially new condition).  $10.

Photos 14 and 15:  Two Fiberfab seat bases in red fiberglass gelcoat.  These were OEM for the FiberFab kit.  The original owner used them together with 2x4s to raise himself up.  If you want to do this, you should also buy the seat mounting hardware I’ve listed below.  $100 for both.

Photo 16:  Solid mahogany FiberFab dashboard, about ¾” thick.  This is in very good condition but refinishing it would be easy and improve its looks.  Includes the chrome insert that covers a space that could be used for a radio.  $100.

Photos 17 and 18:  Bumper and Bumperettes.  Bumper has some minor rust on the inside and appears to have a very slight dent in it, but otherwise has a nice chrome finish on the outside.  $10.  Bumperettes look good on the outside but have surface rust on the inside.  Mounting hardware not shown in picture).  $10.

Photos 19, 20, and 21:  Chrome hood strip, 46” long.  There are a couple of bumps in the metal in a couple of places (not blistered chrome), otherwise this appears to be in good condition.  Same piece is $200 from MG Magic and the improvement is not worth the extra cost, ask me how I would know.  $20.

Photos 22-25:  Two (2) original OEM Fiberfab headlights with working bulbs and complete mounting brackets.  Believed (but not tested or guaranteed) to be working.  The condition of the buckets is good but Photo 24 is typical of the bottoms.  $30.

Photo 26:  Two (2) Fiberfab tail lights with rubber grommets (not shown), excellent condition.  $20.

Photos 27 and 28:  Old chrome stuff:  Both exterior and interior door handles, original fender mirrors, front turn signals, door latches from MG Magic, latches for VW hood at rear, etc.  Door latches are new and turn signals are very nice.  I also have “new” rubber grommets from MG Magic for the mirrors and turn signals.  The mirror extensions, hood latches, and door handles have light pitting or rust.  The whole thing is free if you’re buying something else and pay the postage, but be warned, it’s relatively heavy.

Photo 29:  “United Kingdom” and “Norway” grill badges.  The “Norway” badge is near perfect; the “United Kingdom” badge has perfect enamel but the chrome isn’t as shiny as it ought to be.  $5 for both.

Photo 30:  Grill slats, believed to be OEM Fiberfab and believed to be stainless steel.  These would be a nice piece except I’ve marked three defects:  (1) the builder drilled a hole through one slat to put a badge, (2) there is a bit of a wrinkle in one slat, and (3) the bottom of one corner slat is slightly torn.  You could put a couple of badges on the car and cover up the hole and the wrinkle (or ignore the wrinkle).  The damage at (3) at the bottom could be repaired or simply ignored, because it will be hidden behind the grill shell.  $25.

Photo 31:  Genuine VW jack, marked “Bilstein” and “Made in Germany.”  Good condition, but it’s relatively heavy.  $20.

Photo 32:  1-1/2” chrome extension for a Forever Sharp steering wheel.  Brand new in box.  $10.

Photo 33:  FiberFab-specific heater parts.  There are two steel tubes, approximately 2-1/2” diameter by 16” long that attach to the VW heater outlet and run to the interior of the car.  The red metal tube brackets connect to the interior of the car and have a 2-1/2” opening and the screw area is about 4-1/2” x 4”.  IMHO it would have been better to run the steel tube through the seat bottoms and to have used the red metal tube brackets there, but that’s not how my car was originally built.  The silver piece in the lower left was part of the “defroster” and I can include it with the defroster parts if wanted.

Photos 34 and 35:  Seat back, seat back mounting, and driver’s side seat bottom.  The red vinyl-covered wood piece goes on the lower shelf in a FiberFab, and the other brackets and pieces were used to attach the seatback to it.  The silver pieces in front of Photo 35 were made to hold the FiberFab seat bottoms with 2x4s under them – useful if you’re short.  Seatback and seat cushion are in good condition and could be reupholstered or used as a pattern (passenger’s side seat bottom was lost by previous upholsterer).  Everything is free if you’re buying something else and pay the postage.

Photos 36 and 37:  ¼” plastic chrome strip, about 8’ long.  This is the same material I used on the side of my hood and there is plenty there to do your hood the same way.  Also, one lot of black and chrome welting.  I haven’t measured either roll, but I’m guessing 20’ of each.  Free if you’re buying something else and pay the postage.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

John,

I will take # 4, # 8, and #32

Please let me know the total with shipping to 22554 or PM me for my address.

Thanks,

Dale

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

John,

I’ll take  # 9, 29, and 30.  Please PM me with my total to area code 28562

Thanks,

Jack Breza

(a.k.a Happy Jack)

John Simion
    Participant

@johnsimion

To make things easier, here is what’s left after the previous three posters:

Photo 3:  Two (2) headlight lenses with bulbs from MG Magic (briefly installed on the car but never used – essentially new condition).  $10 for both.

Photos 5, 6, and 7:  Mayfair 2412 blower, 4.5 Amp.  This was originally connected to ductwork in my dash for use as a defroster.  Might also be used as an auxiliary to the VW heating system.  It does work because I’ve heard it run.  Mounts on screw holes that are about 3-3/4” apart and are a natural fit for a Fiberfab that has ductwork installed in the dash.  Includes (if you want to pay the postage) a 1-1/2” diameter plastic vacuum hose, about 80” long.  Previous owner used this hose together with the Mayfair blower and a custom-made gray metal part to connect onto the VW heater, creating a defroster.

Photos 14 and 15:  Two Fiberfab seat bases in red fiberglass gelcoat.  These were OEM for the FiberFab kit.  The original owner used them together with 2x4s to raise himself up.  If you want to do this, you should also buy the seat mounting hardware I’ve listed below.  $100 for both.

Photos 22-25:  Two (2) original OEM Fiberfab headlights with working bulbs and complete mounting brackets.  Believed (but not tested or guaranteed) to be working.  The condition of the buckets is good but Photo 24 is typical of the bottoms.  $30.

Photo 26:  Two (2) Fiberfab tail lights with rubber grommets (not shown), excellent condition.  $20.

Photo 31:  Genuine VW jack, marked “Bilstein” and “Made in Germany.”  Good condition, but it’s relatively heavy.  $20.

Photo 33:  FiberFab-specific heater parts.  There are two steel tubes, approximately 2-1/2” diameter by 16” long that attach to the VW heater outlet and run to the interior of the car.  The red metal tube brackets connect to the interior of the car and have a 2-1/2” opening and the screw area is about 4-1/2” x 4”.  IMHO it would have been better to run the steel tube through the seat bottoms and to have used the red metal tube brackets there, but that’s not how my car was originally built.  The silver piece in the lower left was part of the “defroster” and I can include it with the defroster parts if wanted.

Photos 34 and 35:  Seat back, seat back mounting, and driver’s side seat bottom.  The red vinyl-covered wood piece goes on the lower shelf in a FiberFab, and the other brackets and pieces were used to attach the seatback to it.  The silver pieces in front of Photo 35 were made to hold the FiberFab seat bottoms with 2x4s under them – useful if you’re short.  Seatback and seat cushion are in good condition and could be reupholstered or used as a pattern (passenger’s side seat bottom was lost by previous upholsterer).  Everything is free if you’re buying something else and pay the postage.

Photos 36 and 37:  ¼” plastic chrome strip, about 8’ long.  This is the same material I used on the side of my hood and there is plenty there to do your hood the same way.  Also, one lot of black and chrome welting.  I haven’t measured either roll, but I’m guessing 20’ of each.  Free if you’re buying something else and pay the postage.

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey John,

Can you add #33 (heater parts) and #36 & 37 (Chrome trip strip and  welting) to my “order”

Thanks,

Jack Breza

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

John, are items 17,18,27,28 available. I didn’t see them as taken in the prior replies.

Sam

John Simion
    Participant

@johnsimion

Sam, Items items 17,18,27, and 28 were the bumper and bumperettes, and the bag of old chrome stuff.  That was spoken for by another member whose message didn’t get posted here.  Ditto for the mahogany dashboard (16), gauges (11), all mirrors (1, 2, 12, and 13), and hood chrome (19, 20, and 21).

The cost of shipping items 17,18,27, and 28 is substantial.  I was quoted over $100 to box and ship the bumper alone, so I’m probably going to just keep it as a spare.  The shipping cost on the other items was high, but within reason.  If my buyer does not choose to pay the shipping on those items, I will PM you.

Thanks for asking.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

How do I get to the photos in your parts for sale post?

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

John Simion
    Participant

@johnsimion

To see the photos, do this:  Next to each post there is an icon with the poster’s name.  To see my photos, click on my name.  On the left side of the resulting page, there is a listing of “Activity,” and under that you can see “Media.”  Click “Media” and there are 35 photos posted there.  Each photo also has the correct number to the part on the photo itself.  For some reason, the web site posts the photos in reverse order beginning with 35.

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

And here’s a direct link to @johnsimion’s photo gallery

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Stephen, can we post pics directly into the thread so we don’t have to go to another location to see the pic? If so, how?

Sam

Anonymous
    Inactive

un able to access library

photos,  comes up request not found.

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

@george-fisher While I was fixing one problem I created another earlier today. Hopefully both are fixed now.

@sreynolds
    At the moment, no, you cannot upload and post images in a thread reply. I’m working on solving that but want to get other problems settled down first before I start adding more complications.

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

John Simion
    Participant

@johnsimion

The items listed in my post of June 20, 2016 at 5:33 pm are still available.  In addition, Items # 4, # 8, and #32 are also apparently still available.  Thank you to those who bought the other items — you should be receiving them shortly.  As for the items still available, I need them out of my garage and so anything not ready to be shipped by next Monday morning is either going to Goodwill or the landfill.

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey John,

I’d like # 4 please.  Let me know the shipping to 28562.

Thanks,

Jack Breza

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

I’d like #8 and 36/37, if still available. PM me the cost with shipping to zip 37876. Thanks!

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey John,

I finally got around to putting those items you sold me on Emma — the previous owner removed all of the heat ducts — the ones you sold me were a perfect fit!!

But the big news is my “new” grill — I had to remove the radiator shell when I replaced the front beam, ball joints, shocks, etc. so while I had it out, I replaced the grill slats with your old ones.  Perfect fit — and since this car does not have a badge bar, I installed the 3 badges on the grill — and the MGTDreplica badge did a nice job covering up the one hole in one of the slats!!  Perfect!!

“old” red grill

Ready for the new grill — and front beam — and spindles and wheels and……

“new” used chrome grill slats

Great “original” fit and shined up really well!!

Thanks again for the parts

Happy Jack

John Simion
    Participant

@johnsimion

I’m very happy for you, Jack!  Your car looks great.  In fact, it looks a lot like my car before I messed with it (originally red with badges on the grill).  In 20-20 hindsight, I probably should have reused that stuff but we have different “styles”.  Now my car is British Racing Green metallic with no badges.  You’ll see in a week or two when I finally get my car photographed.  Just one more brake job and a polisher for some scratches on my green paint.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

A different look, Jack. I like it.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

Nice job! Looks great! 😎 Well worth your efforts!

Amor Conquista Todo

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

…the nice part is that I still have the “old” red slats (PO painted the chrome slats red, and the paint actually stuck and held up for dozens of years…)  and although it is much harder than just changing the color of my socks, I can go back to red if the mood hits…

…And a big thanks to Ed for the hints on how to insert pictures into a post.  It is truly a multi-step PITA but it does work….!!!

Happy Jack

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Looking good, Jack. How you like that swaybar in front? Is there a big one on the back too?

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Yep, it’s a big one.  I told Jack that I thought it was too big, but he likes it.  ????  You guys gotta get him out on the autocross track again.

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey Ed,

The “old stock” sway bar  was so stuck to the old mounts that I had to cut the mounts off the car with a grinder…so I thought the time was right to buy a new set of mounts.  I doing the research, the only sway bar I could find for a lowered front beam is the EMPI one that is on the car — and the bar with mounts and free shipping only cost $20 more than just the new mounts for the old bar…So I ordered it, not knowing that the EMPI after market bar was 3/4″ diameter, not the stock 1/2″ diameter.  I could not find a 1/2″ bar for a lowered beam.

So I have a 3/4″ lowered beam sway bar that I can learn to love.  If it turns out that I don’t love the bar I’ll have to spend another  $30 for new mounts for the 1/2″ bar and see if the stock bar will fit the lowered beam…..

But for now — BIG lowered beam (anti) sway bar on the front and NO BAR on the rear……..?????????

Any “boy that should work well” or even “Tisk Tisk what a big mistake” would be appreciated,

By the way, with all the new front end parts the steering and the spindle swing are really tight so I’m probably not getting a good feel for what the sway bar is adding to the mix.  The car needs to have some more miles on the new parts, then I’ll mess with the sway bar(s)

Happy Jack

Rod Barnett
    Participant

@rburk55

I read thru the posts and saw you had some bumpers. Is the rear still available? Just horse traded around for this car. Getting some things sorted out so it will make it back home, but I need a rear bumper, I am afraid I’m going to get pulled over before I get one installed. Thanks Rod

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.