Luggage rack

Home Forums General Discussion Luggage rack

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

The luggage rack I use on my car is a tire step ($40). The weight capacity on it is 250 pounds, which allows it to be not only a seat, but will just about carry my wife’s suitcase. It folds up, and when off the tire it will fold flat and sit behind the driver. I also use it as a tire step to reach the top rack on our van. The step does come in chrome. It simply slips over the top of the spare when needed.

James

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

James:

Another nice solution, do you guys picnic alot?

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Only when the engine runs .

We camp alot, I added a trailer hitch to pull our cargo trailer with all the gear. Since the kids have moved away, it’s just the two of us to camp with other family friends, whose kids have now moved away now also.

JamesĀ 

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

James,

Very cool! I also noticed the chrome trim on the Gas Tank Cover. Did you do that? I love it!

Rich

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Yes, the chrome trim is the self adhesive wheel well trim that comes on a roll. I also used it on the dash (double), on the centerline of the hood, and around the edges of the carpeting as well as on the top edge of the seat. I also used it on the edges of the console where the shifter is. The stuff is pretty cheap and super easy to install.

James

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.