MG propaganda film–circa 1948

Home Forums General Discussion MG propaganda film–circa 1948

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Check out this 9-minute MG newsreel featuring Appleyard’s dash to the Alps in a factory-fresh TD. Brilliant period cinematography.

Note the top-down cruising that begins when they hit the snow.

The announcer says nothing of it. And why did all the announcers talk like that?

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

You know that had to be a cold ride top down no heater and snow  and just think I don’t like driving mine in the rain  that footage of the assembly line was priceless the existing British car companies STILL make them the same way    [see the Morgan factory site ] wow what a great add for the TD for 1948     Dan

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

That was a great video for 1948! 

Suns out here in southern Ohio, still only about 40*, but I think it’s time for a quick ride this afternoon.  She hasn’t been out since newyears day and I’m really PAST ready for a ride.. Montie

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Ed,  I always appreciate the links you find for us but this one goes to “11”.    

Now I know I’m going for a drive this afternoon!  After seeing those guys in the Alps with the windscreen down, I’d be a woose (sp?) if I didn’t.

Later

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

I just found this posting and watched the film reel.  What a hoot! Thanks, I really enjoyed that.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Welcome. I watched it again recently. I still like it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.