Mini Mark Kit Car

Home Forums Picture Gallery Other Kit Cars Mini Mark Kit Car

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Paul Allain
    Participant

@pga64

This

This Mini Mark Kit car pulled into my mechanics yard looking for repairs. Never knew they even exixted. Now my mechanic is looking around to see if he can find one for himself.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

cute. basically that’s our car.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Sort of looks like a Mercedes Gazelle kit car with a removable hard top. I still like our TDs better. Kinda like the Bugatti kit cars as well.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

ray10
    Participant

@ray10

Paul

by chance did you take any more pic. I would like to see the rest of the car?

Never mind I found a couple of them for sale.

Guess i should have looked before asking.Ouch

ray102012-09-30 18:15:13

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

ray10
    Participant

@ray10

Mini
    Mark

[ Return to Willie’s
    Rides
    ]

luc02.jpg (48931 bytes)

just thought i share the info.
    domeint[1].jpg (84061 bytes)

Mini
    Mark

[ Return to Willie’s
    Rides
    ]

luc02.jpg (48931 bytes) domeint[1].jpg (84061 bytes)
    erin02.jpg (23363 bytes) The Mini Mark was a fiberglass kit
    car produced by the same people that made the Maxi – Taxi in Bremen, Indiana.
    The body was a direct bolt on to the Volkswagen Beetle pan. Because of the
    seating arangement, the brake and clutch and shift linkage had to be moved back
    19″ and also the Steering was lengthened. The front suspension was cut, lowered
    due to lighter body and re welded.

The “Mark” part of the name came from the grill housing
    which is a FoMoCo Part from the Lincoln Mark IV . It is a “cute” vehicle that is
    small, uncomfortable, and not too drivable. the wheels supplied with the kit
    were from American Racing and were “wire basket” They quickly succumbed to rust
    and the chrome plating on the wheels was poorly applied and soon flaked. These
    are the same wheels painted aluminum and then chrome-plastic covers applied (as
    on the side mount spare) for cosmetic purpose.

This app;ication is on a standard 1964 beetle and is a
    fun car, but seldom driven.

The grand children get
    a kick out of helping Grandpaw Tom work on the Mini and taking short rides in
    it. Lucy (above) seems to be saying “Look at me!” while Erin (below) weems more
    interested in where whe has been than where she is going.
    Mini Mark.jpg (55347 bytes)

My daughter, Shelley, has probably put the most miles on
    it as whe used it all summer the year she was “cow-sitting” at various county
    fairs around Illinois.

ray102012-09-30 18:25:35

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

Dan Ogle
    Participant

@tex

Paul don’t know if your mechanic ever found one or not or if he is still looking if he is you may want to tell him about this one.

Paul Allain
    Participant

@pga64

As far as I know he hasn’t. I’ll definately forward this link to him. Thanks!

Timothy Timm
    Participant

@tatimm

If you would like additional information on the Mini Mark please visit my web blog  theminimark.blogspot.com   I don’t represent any cars or posts but there are two which are interested in selling.

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

At one time i had my eye on one on e- bay and was thinking about bidding.Then i saw my LR.Another choice would of been a 1929 Gazelle.With the Gazelle i didn’t like it that the windshield was so low bugs in your teeth.       

Terry Zoesch
    Participant

@terryzoesch

I am thinking of selling my built by factory yellow Mini Mark IV. Has factory AIR and was listed in original sales brochure. Have both hardtop and soft top. Always stored. Under 13000 miles. Built in 82.  Thinking around $10,000.  All original including both fender tires and wire wheels all around. 

Rich Kallenberger
    Participant

@kall

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.