Moving to live with my TD

Home Forums General Discussion Car Registry Moving to live with my TD

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

James:

The big move south is upon us, time to get reunited with Mrs. Peel in Florida.  Effective 7/6 we will be in Florida and Mrs. Peel will come home from boarding school and live in my garage.  Please update the registry.

Thanks

Mel

luvmytd40350.3549421296

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Updated the list. The map will be done shortly.

Hope the move goes smoothly Mel.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Good luck Mel. Let us know how it went, and happy cruising.

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

I’ll update the map today. I hope the move will go perfectly and you’ll be behind the wheel of Mrs Peel with a big grin very soon. 

Mel, don’t forget about SNOW! Maybe a snow cone will take care of it for ya.

Dinner at Greg’s?

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

James:

If I never see snow again it will be too soon. 

Plans are already made for us to spend dinner with Greg and his beautiful wife.

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Mel,

You’re moved! At least in the registry…two weeks and counting down.

davearoy
    Participant

@davearoy

Welcome to our sunny, and warm state of Florida. I live in Lakeland, just south of the Villages, so it might be nice to meet and go for a drive. I have a 53 TD made by “Classic Roadster” called the “Dutchess” when they made them back in the 1980s. Currently “Herbie” is undergoing a body off frame, restoration, so he is just hanging out in my garage. The donor car was a 1972 VW chassis, so I have replaced the floor boards, and most of the running gear, and rebuilt the engine.

I am searching for “Wind Wing” mounting hardware, if any one can help me out your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Moss Motors uses a different mount for the original TDs, and Brad at MG Magic said he has never seen my current mounting hardware before.

Hope you have a safe move

Dave Roy

53 MGTD (I orginally built it in 1985)

Dave
    Lakeland, Florida, where we drive Topless every day

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Have a great move Mel. And when you get toFlorida and winter comes upon you, remember one thing.Remind the southern folk going north not to eat the yellow snow!  

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.