Need help with Allison

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas Need help with Allison

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Leo
    Participant

@ldj1002

I posted about me getting an Allison MGTD and I finally got photos up.

I’m starting a new thread, other one is getting long.

I need a manual for the Allison, Is there one anywhere? Need about the Allison body. I don’t need VW manual, all the VW parts I have covered with VW manual.

If anyone that has an Allison has the time to answer questions I would appreciate that also.  There are lots of fasteners hooks etc. I have no idea what are for. If I could send photo maybe someone could help. Example, it has a luggage rack. I have found no way to get it to lay down so you could strap something to it.

Any help appreciated.
    L.D.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hard to tell from the pictures you posted in your intro thread, but I believe this is how that rack operates:

At the ends that are closest to the body, disconnect the top most bars on the left and right (one of the pair on a forty five degree angle).

That should release the rack to lay flat.

Flip those two bars around, and they should line up with holes lower on the rack frame. Reconnect them there. It is also possible the support bars align with holes in the bumper mounts.

PMOSSBERG2015-08-23 13:51:05

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Welcome aboard.

Sorry can’t help you with an Allison, but there are lots of really smart people on this site that can help.

This site really helped with my rebuilding Rosebud.

Bill Bastian 

Bad Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.