Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas New Member

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scott A Chynoweth
    Participant

@1oldbuzz

Hello all.Newbie here.Just purchased a MG kit car,barn find as they say.Never thought I would come across one.Been in a barn since 1985,guy only ever bolted the fenders on.Looks like it is a complete kit.It is the VW based but going to make a front engine rear drive.just need to figure out the manufacturer of the body just to satisfy my curiosity.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Welcome and congratulations on your kit find. It looks to me like a Fiber Fab or possibly a Classic Motor Carriage kit, but I am no expert,just taking my best guess going by what I can see in your pictures.It is going to take a lot of work to make a front engine car from a kit designed for the VW set up . Good luck and keep us posted as you build it. There are people in this group who can give you real good advice on the changes you are thinking about.  Larry

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Buzz, Look under the My Project forum for a very informative discussion about VW to front engine conversion. This is an example of the good stuff on this site written by those who have been there and done that . Larry

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Welcome Buzz…Great find.

As far as converting a VW based car to a front engine set-up, you’d have a easier job making a hang glider out of your dining room table. There are posts on this forum that address this thought.

Our suggestion is to get the VW based car running and look for a front engine (Chevy/Ford) based TD replica to buy after you sell this one. They are out there.

I found an unbuilt front engine Ford based FiberFab TD replica locally in 2002. It was in a guy’s garage loft and attic for 25 years! After building the rolling chassis, I sold it to a California buyer to complete.

Good Luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.