New owner Many questions

Home Forums General Discussion New owner Many questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Don williams
    Participant

@883xlh

Hi, we are both new members and proud new owners of a 1951 MGTD replicar.  It has a 1981 Chevy Chevette driveline. It is exceptionally well built and probably was built in a factory. We have researched all of the known kits, and it does not appear to have built by any of them. We believe it is a one owner car  and we know it was registered in San Francisco area for the majority of its life. How would we go about determining the history of the car such as the manufacturer etc.  It is one of the finest examples  we have seen with authentic MG parts for almost the entire vehicle.  The body is fiberglass except for the hood which is metal and appears to have the original type latches.  It has bolt on wire wheels.  Nardi steering wheel, Stewart Warner gauges, all chrome authentic MG parts including glass tail lights.  Would the 10 digit VIN provide clues?  Any advice or leads on how to determine her ancestry is greatly appreciated.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Hi Bob, Welcome.

Nice looking car. I see you have open lovers on the front side panels. Do they lift up as part of the center hinged hood? If so, I am interested in photos.

Sorry, I’ll be of no help in researching its history.

Enjoy your ride.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Welcome Bob

I was reading your post and I had the idea that I’ve seen advertisements for a company called Car Fox that tells people about a used car before they buy it, you know, accidents and title history and such. I think they use the vin # or the licence # to do the research. Perhaps this will help you find what you’re looking for. I’ve never used it but it might be just what you need…

Good Luck, on your search and welcome to our family, You’re gonna love it here!

Rick

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hi Bob

Dang, that’s a nice looking car. From the one side picture, it sure looks like an original TD. Top, curtains, engine cover side panels, rear tank, tank supports…are all looking spot on. You sure that’s a Chevette drivetrain? LOL!

Not sure CarFax will be much help with replica vehicles.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.