new project

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas new project

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steven Burk
    Participant

@burkslaw

It’s ugly, but it’s a beginning. I built a new motor (stock 1600 SP) and have run it in on the test stand. The body comes off this weekend; I need to move the controls so the wife can reach the pedal assembly.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hi Steve,

Welcome aboard!

You are way ahead of some of the basket cases I have seen “recovered”. Nice clean motor too!

And I love the micro-bus in the background!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Steve, Looks good to me and far from just a beginning. Give yourself some credit for getting this far along. We are glad to have you here.

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Welcome Steve!

By the looks of things we have a new VW expert joining us. I have a built 1776cc that is in an engine stand…wish it was like yours and I could test run it. It’s getting a Single Weber 40 IDF carb and an “010” Distributor w/Pertronix Ignitor.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

both those mills look good enough to eat off of. I totally gotta up my game.

Steven Burk
    Participant

@burkslaw

The test stand wasn’t difficult: bus bellhousing, a $39 Harbor Freight stand, some extra casters, a Sportster tank and some rusty tubing off the scrap pile. I used an old oil pressure guage, and a universal choke cable for the throttle. A rainy evening with the welder, and there you have it. 

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Sounds like yet another retirement project for me. I think there was a “bell housing” that holds a VW starter available that is already modified for a test bed.

Ed…you should should have seen what is available in the powder coating world. My powder coater is a great guy and can use all the trick new coatings. He’s local too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.