New (to me) CMC Ford kit

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits New (to me) CMC Ford kit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    flipmgtd
    Participant

@flipmgtd

Purchased a Ford based kit a few months ago.  It has been through two owners neither of whom made much progress.  After spending some time working on it I realize i am missing a few parts and also am going to need some technical guidance in many areas.  Hope you guys can help me on this as it progresses. 

Right now I am missing the radiator mounts and wonder if someone can give me a few measurements so i can fabricate some.  Also the front end is missing the lower strut rods.  I assume these need to be installed.  Are they available somewhere?

Thanks in advance for your help
    KentT
    Participant

@kentt

Quite a few of the regulars are at Carlisle for the kit car show this weekend.  So, it might take a while to get a good response.

I have a VW kit, so I can’t help you.  Sorry!

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

Johnny L. Baxter
    Participant

@johnnyb

Flipmgtd, I’m just starting a CMC ford also. So maybe we can do some blind leading the blind. I’m going to take a lot of pics and try to post them. I’m using a ’78 Pinto 2.3L with manual trans.

JohnnyB
    Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

I have a CMC Ford radiator mount frame that I’m not using. You can have it for the price of shipping. It’s pretty heavy. Send me private message if you want to follow up.

Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

Mustang II strut rods are available at Speedway Motors. I thing they are similar.

Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

OOps, I think the one I have is a for a Chevette. It looks like a small ladder frame.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Flipmgtd: In the manual section in Fiberfab build manual pg 28 has a picture of the mount it doesn’t look like it would  hard to fabricate.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Radiator mounting brackets are simple. Easily fabricated. A piece of angle and a piece of flat steel to mount too the frame. Illustrations of bracket are in the manuals on the left.
    Strut rods are available in a variety of places. Google MustangII Suspension.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

flipmgtd
    Participant

@flipmgtd

Sorry i am late in repsonding.  am interested if shipping isn’t too much.  I am in Jacksonville Florida

Johnny L. Baxter
    Participant

@johnnyb

Well time to go get to work on my CMC TDr 2.3l Ford rear brakes. Newkitman (Allen C), were you stationed at the NAS? I’m retired USAF and Federal Civil Service.

JohnnyB
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.