Not mine, but how about $100k?

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale Not mine, but how about $100k?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Scrolling through Hemmings and came across this unusual beast. Looks to be a TF fitted with a TD windscreen/wiper setup, an MGA steering wheel, and a B motor, with some interesting (but not well-detailed in the add) mods to the fuel tank/spare tire carrier area. 

Putting two different sized velocity stacks and running them through the side of the bonnet seems, well…questionable. I see race cars running like this sometimes, but what if it rains?
    The price, though. That’s what gets me…
    secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Very schwankey! I think those chrome stacks are really funnels to refill the rum and gin tanks. Thats where I keep mine 😆

John Simion
    Participant

@johnsimion

While pricey, this appears to be extremely well crafted and I’d bet the owner spent more than $100K building it. Other than the stacks sticking out the side of the hood, there is nothing about it that isn’t darned attractive to me. I’d give $30K for if I had an extra $30K laying around and an extra garage. Not $100K, though …

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Although not my cup o tea, I do love the goggles and headgear.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

I’ve seen that before, and to my eyes it’s one of the most beautiful automobiles ever created. A good article about how it came about is at http://www.hemmings.com/hsx/stories/2007/01/01/hmn_feature6.html and more photos and information can be found at http://www.ensignautobody.com/

Must say I’m surprised that Bob Ensign, the builder, is offering it for sale. It was truly a labor of love.

TexAg712015-09-04 00:48:17

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Thanks for that. Knowing the whole story makes my initial thought look churlish and ignorant. Still can’t see 100k, but I hope I see it at Lime Rock.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.