our new mg

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas our new mg

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Greg Stickney
    Participant

@stickney

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Nice toy.

Where are you and can you provide any details that would be great.  I like red too.

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Looks nice an except for the white interior a match for mine.  Tell me more about it.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Sweet. Enjoy the ride!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Nice, enjoy her, what is she powered by??         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;     DanR.

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Great auto, a real head turner. Sharp!

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Very nice!

We have quite a collection of Italian Red FF Replicas going. Enjoy the Ride!

Rich

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Do you use a UV protective finish for the red gelcoat? My car is white, so fading is not an issue, but I do use a marine finish with UV protection. I have seen the red gelcoat fade out in the sunlight on both cars and boats.. My seats are burgundy and a real backside burner in the sun. My other sportscar convertible has black interior and it’s torture, I like the white interior

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Welcome and nice ride! Happy Motoring

Greg Stickney
    Participant

@stickney

The car is powered by a ford engine, 2.3L, .030 over bore, 10.5 to 1 pistons, high lift cam, holley four barrel, and a four speed. 175 horse documented on a dyno. Currently we are rewiring the car because of the miserable condition of the wiring. The car runs, but thats about all.

I have ordered a new harness custom made for the car, but using the GM standards instead of fords. We are in Florida, and loving it.

Greg    

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Sounds like a healthy engine, hope your brakes are as well.  I have to stand on my brakes to get them to slow the car 🙂

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Bigger brakes is not a bad idea. Luckily there are many larger front brake upgrades available to fit the Pinto spindles. My 1940 Ford uses the Pinto spindles, 11″ Ford Granada/Lincoln Versailles rotors and ’78-83 GM “G” body metric calipers (Monte Carlo, Regal, Cutlass, Grand Prix).

If you are using the little 6.75″ rear in the car, that’s another weak link. Unless the donor rear came from a V6 powered or station wagon Pinto/Mustang II. If it did, it’s an 8″ Ford rear and is beefy enough for the higher horsepower.

These rears are known as “baby 9 inch’s” and many parts are available for them too. I also use this rear (from a ’74 Maverick) in my 40 Ford. It has an Eaton-Detroit Trutrac Posi, 3.80:1 Richomond gears and a disc brake converison kit that uses the same GM “G” body calipers as the front. My disc parking brake is mounted to the pinion yoke on the rear. The rotors are also 11″ from a Lincoln MkVII.

Of course all of these mods require the use of a 5 lug wheel that uses the 5×4.5″ Ford bolt pattern. Some vendors offer the GM 5×4.75″ bolt pattern too.

OEM Pinto/Mustang II front disc are 9″ and rear are lame drum brakes.

Centech, Ron Francis, Painless, American Autowire all offer great harnesses for these cars. Basically you just need to order how many circuits you want. Most are made to accomodate the GM steering columns, but I’m sure Centech or Ron Francis will make whatever you want…just bring $$.

Greg Stickney
    Participant

@stickney

I used American Auto Wire, the Hwy 15 unit. It has more than enough circuits for this tiny car.

Greg

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.